Honored Contributor

Re: Some People Are Just So Ungrateful

Perhaps your co-workers are just venting. This has been a very difficult time for many. Child care and issues with spouses or whoever a person is living with at the time, may or may not be contributory to high levels of stress. Who better than our fellow co-workers than to vent a little.

Open your heart to them and don't judge them. We are in this together and maybe they just need an ear to listen...

Just a thought.

Contributor

Many are or will be getting more now than when working.  Not saying that is their situation or anyone elses just that it has been reported.  I agree that a person should be grateful to have a job.  

Honored Contributor

Oh please. Like none of you have ever complained about your jobs. We all have our little personal pity parties from time to time. The luxury of being able to take a good thing for granted is an amazing blessing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

What kind of work do you do?

Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I understand their POV.  I am still essential and grateful but I have coworkers who were furloughed with full pay for 60 days plus the extra $600 from the government plus the stimulus checks.  They are making more money now than those of us doing their jobs, our jobs, and several others while in some cases having our paychecks docked a certain percentage while we do it.  It would have probably been fairer to rotate the layoffs financially speaking but I understand what you are saying.

It's just sometimes those few hours are not worth the gas and stress and unemployment is a lot more lucrative.

How can they be furloughed and get full pay?  What's the point?

@Peaches McPhee  She may have misspoken. I think with furlough you still have health insurance but not pay.  @Laura14 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I understand their POV.  I am still essential and grateful but I have coworkers who were furloughed with full pay for 60 days plus the extra $600 from the government plus the stimulus checks.  They are making more money now than those of us doing their jobs, our jobs, and several others while in some cases having our paychecks docked a certain percentage while we do it.  It would have probably been fairer to rotate the layoffs financially speaking but I understand what you are saying.

It's just sometimes those few hours are not worth the gas and stress and unemployment is a lot more lucrative.

How can they be furloughed and get full pay?  What's the point?

@Peaches McPhee  She may have misspoken. I think with furlough you still have health insurance but not pay.  @Laura14 

@esmerelda I believe unemployment is your full pay under the stimulus bill plus $600 plus the stimulus check.  And health insurance only continues if you pay the full premium yourself.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  You said they were furloughed with full pay. Furloughed employees are not paid. Whether they can apply for unemployment...I don't know. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Is anyone as concerned with corporate bailouts as they are for help to small businesses and individuals?  

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda They have full pay through unemployment plus $600 plus the stimulus check.  I guarantee they make more than I do right now and I'm still actually working for my paycheck.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Is anyone as concerned with corporate bailouts as they are for help to small businesses and individuals?  

@tansy My BIL is a small business owner and he will get a forgivable loan paying his payroll, rent and utilities through September.  He's still open as an essential business and actually hiring people to keep up.