Honored Contributor

Some Great pictures of Prince Phillip

[ Edited ]

prince Philip was a really good looking young chap! He looked  a lot like Prince William in his young days!  

Prince Philip in all his vibrant glory: Newly colourised photographs of the Duke of Edinburgh playing cricket, with his family and in the cockpit of an aircraft are released

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9461723/Prince-Philip-youve-never-seen-newly-colourised-i...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some Great pictures of Prince Phillip

@SeaMaiden 

Thanks for posting.  

He was a very handsome young man and the Queen quite beautiful.

Fun to see them...so many years together.  

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing.  He was quite the handsome man.  What an incredible life.

Valued Contributor

So good looking.  After seeing The Crown I think the actor who played him in the first season really looked a lot like him.  Thanks for posting.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Thanks for sharing the link to those amazing photos of the Duke of Edinburgh. The photos say as much about the man as any written words could tell us. I could be off, but I believe he played polo until he was almost 80. The Duke was a very very handsome man throughout his life until these latter years where you could see the toll of illness and age taking effect.  Looks aside, the man was blessed with a fine character and intelligence. From most accounts that I've read, he was a fine man who was a valuable asset to the monarchy and life partner to Her Majesty, The Queen. 

Pray May the Duke rest in peace. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Wow @SeaMaiden  some great pics and history here. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

I can understand why Elizabeth was smitten with him as a teen-ager.  He was very handsome and dashing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Wow! Thank you @SeaMaiden! I never knew he had blond hair when he was young!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing this link, @SeaMaiden.   There's always more to an individual than we know, even those we know personally but especially those who have prominence and we only know from a distance.   Lovely images from an interesting life.   Thanks, again!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I have been interested in Elizabeth and Philip for a long time.

I have my little library and have always watched the documentaries.  Years ago, we even had a Corgi!

They are a love story for the ages.  As anyone who is up in years and married for a very long time, there is an appreciation of the ups and downs in life, and how love and commitment keep you together.  My DH just turned 80, and he’s a “young 80.”  One of his birthday presents was a new basketball hoop setup for the end of our driveway.