Trusted Contributor

Re: Some Fantastic Buys at Costco Today

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

DANG DANG DANG!I WANT A COSTCO CARD,BUT TO CHEAP TO GET MEMBERSHIP.PLUS,AS FOR BUYING FOOD,I JUST DONT THINK IT WOULD BE WORTH IT CONSIDERING ITS JUST ME

It's just me too, but well-worth membership $-fun place to shop and at Christmas or anytime-great place for quality gifts at an inexpensive price.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MG Chris wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

DANG DANG DANG!I WANT A COSTCO CARD,BUT TO CHEAP TO GET MEMBERSHIP.PLUS,AS FOR BUYING FOOD,I JUST DONT THINK IT WOULD BE WORTH IT CONSIDERING ITS JUST ME

I went from a family of four to one and have maintained both of my memberships to Sam's and Costco. I love being able to buy the nifty things they carry. 

Aw-your situation is mine too Smiley Sad  4 to 1

Trusted Contributor

You can checkout most of the Costco items like clothing and makeup on their website. Shipping is usually free.

Trusted Contributor

If you get the basic membership, you will more than make up the cost with the money you can save on lots of things. I like the Carol Hochman pjs and robes. You might check at the front desk and see if you can get a visitor pass to shop and look around to see if you want to purchase a membership. They used to do this but don't know anymore. 

Respected Contributor

Most Costco.com items can be ordered without a membership.  But items are usually a few bucks more online than they are in the warehouse.

Trusted Contributor

Costcos in my area are so darned crowded that it's an unpleasant experience to shop there. Wish I could tolerate the craziness but it's not worth it to me. Glad others are able to find good buys in person and share their finds for others to seek!

Honored Contributor

It's just me and I mainly use it for gas now so I decreased to the basic membership.  I used to get the Spa Finders gift cards because I went to Red Door for my salon services, but Red Door closed, so I no longer have the volume purchases that I did before to make the executive level worth it.

I buy Allegra there every few months and halloween candy every year.  I live in a townhouse, so I don't have the storage space for 20 rolls of paper towels etc.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

We love COSTCO! Now that we have downsized, I have to think more carefully about my purchases because, where am I going to store it! I also made an interesting discovery, when my husband goes with me, the bill is usually 300 to 400 bucks! When I'm alone, 100 to 150. Learning a lesson here!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Just got back from Costco. I am impressed with the Orvis flannel shirts. The fabric is soft and the shirt is well made. As I sit here, I regret not buying more than one.

Wish they had Orvis shirts for women. I would definitely wear it when the weather gets colder.

Went back to buy another Orvis shirt yesterday. My son really liked the first shirt I bought. When we got there, the table had several other colors/patterns of Orvis flannel shirts to chose from. So ended up buying two additional shirts.

Did not see the Orvis shirts in the ad sent to members. Glad you mentioned it @ciao_bella 

Respected Contributor

That pumpkin loaf sounds amazing. They have womens real sherpa slippers right now for $19.99 which I think is a steal.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu