Respected Contributor

Re: Some Fantastic Buys at Costco Today

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

DANG DANG DANG!I WANT A COSTCO CARD,BUT TO CHEAP TO GET MEMBERSHIP.PLUS,AS FOR BUYING FOOD,I JUST DONT THINK IT WOULD BE WORTH IT CONSIDERING ITS JUST ME

Most of what I buy is not food.  I like to pick up dish detergent, aluminum foil, garbage bags, and swifter wipes.  The food I buy can usually by frozen and/or broken down into portions.  We like their chicken quesadila soup.  It comes in two smaller sized containers.  I also get pork loin, it's also comes in two but is separated.  After trying the Kirkland coffee, I attend to pick some of that up on my next trip.  And of course, paper towels and toilet paper.  Their stock is always changing, not just season so season.  Some staples remain.  Go in, I think they give out passes for a day.  Check it out, see if you like it.  For the things we use and buy in bulk, it's definitely a money safer.  

If I may also add - we have the Costco Visa. We get a rebate from that and also our membership card (2 checks) that more than pay for our membership. 

Don't forget their top tier gas that is cheaper than regular gas stations 

Valued Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

DANG DANG DANG!I WANT A COSTCO CARD,BUT TO CHEAP TO GET MEMBERSHIP.PLUS,AS FOR BUYING FOOD,I JUST DONT THINK IT WOULD BE WORTH IT CONSIDERING ITS JUST ME

I love Costco.  My coworker shares her membership with her brother.  Between them they feel they get there money's worth.  They often use their rebate to renew their membership.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

You can order from Costco dot com without a membership.  If you are interested in their clothes I am pretty sure many are available to non members.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Heading out to Costco later today.  The new sale flyer items start today.  My favorite Jessica Simpson jeans are on special as are some of our supplements we take.

Will also be getting one of their wonderful rotisserie chickens!   💕💕💕💕

Love Costco!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

Costco had Jsport made by Jambu fall/winter Sherpa lined low sueded casual shoe there today.  So darn comfy with the Sherpa lining and memory foam. Comes in two colors; brown or black and on sale for $19.99.  Couldn't make up my mind on colors so I bought both.  Then I purchase heavy flannel shirts by Orvis for my adult son as Christmas gifts. Again on sale with coupon for $12.99.  These shirts are comparible to heavyweight flannel shirts from Bass, Timberland or Lands End. 

Couldn't leave without getting a new bakery item; pumpkin spice laof with cream cheese icing and tons of white chocolate curls on top of the icing.  It's a BIG loaf too.. ($7.99)

Sounds like you had a blast and sweet treats too, can't beat that.  Thanks for sharing.  There is a costco about 15 minutes from me.  I have to check it out.  I have not been in a whileSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Just got back from Costco. I am impressed with the Orvis flannel shirts. The fabric is soft and the shirt is well made. As I sit here, I regret not buying more than one.

Wish they had Orvis shirts for women. I would definitely wear it when the weather gets colder.

Valued Contributor

I'm usually at my Costco weekly or more! Gas is always 20-30 cents cheaper, and sometimes fill up 2-3 times a week (I drive a lot obviously) so if the parking lot doesn't look too full when getting gas, will pop in!

A lot of vitamins, supplements & other otc medicines are on sale this month too! Picked up some this morning. Oh & if you love their individual glass cups of Tiramisu-those are on sale too this month!

I'm also not a shopper of a huge household-a good bit of their items are not super-sized & those that are larger size I'll break down to smaller portions if it's something I love or know I'll use. I see a lot of older couples or families of 3-4 or people buying just 1 or 2 things. Totally worth every penny for my membership ( have the business/dual membership)
Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I went from a family of four to one and have maintained both of my memberships to Sam's and Costco. I love being able to buy the nifty things they carry. 

Valued Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

Most of what I buy is not food.  I like to pick up dish detergent, aluminum foil, garbage bags, and swifter wipes.  The food I buy can usually by frozen and/or broken down into portions.  We like their chicken quesadila soup.  It comes in two smaller sized containers.  I also get pork loin, it's also comes in two but is separated.  After trying the Kirkland coffee, I attend to pick some of that up on my next trip.  And of course, paper towels and toilet paper.  Their stock is always changing, not just season so season.  Some staples remain.  Go in, I think they give out passes for a day.  Check it out, see if you like it.  For the things we use and buy in bulk, it's definitely a money safer.  

I always tell people to break down the meat into smaller portions.  If you buy the chicken breasts they are already individually packaged.  The ground beef can be broken down as well.  

Honored Contributor

@liliblu wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I always tell people to break down the meat into smaller portions.  If you buy the chicken breasts they are already individually packaged.  The ground beef can be broken down as well.  

Yes, we always buy our boneless skinless chicken breast at Sam's. Each chicken breast is by Purdue and vacuum sealed. 

We belong to both Sam's and Costco. I am sure Costco has something similar. But since we like the chicken at Sam's we buy it there.

I also like Sam's because they have regular size packaging for many items. If I were to buy Philadelphia cream cheese at Costco, I would have to buy a 3 pound tub. At Sam's I can buy 2 - 16 oz containers of Philadelphia cream cheese.