Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I got my first catalogue from them the other day.  Yeah, they're pricey, but the clothing looks nice.  I generally shop local sales, but don't mind splurging occasionally on a quality item.  How is their sizing?  I'm sometimes a small and sometimes a medium.  I looked at their measurement chart, but wondered if it was accurate.

@Icegoddess

I've been shopping SS for years now.  I drool looking through the catalog. Truthfully, I think the quality has changed.  The sizing has become inconsistent.  There was a time, item descriptions mentioned whether or not the item was fitted, semi-fitted or loose fitting.  In general, I find the sizing tends to be be full.

Look in your city. All of a sudden their shops are around. Lots of locations have just opened. I found out accidentally they were opening in my city and couldn't wait-I wasn't disappointed. Their shops are more beautiful than their catalogs. It's like being in an old Georgian mansion or something! I loved it there except there were too many salesgirls! Anyway, my point is about the sizing being a problem for you, check around for a B&M store. I use the term loosely!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have not received a free shipping coupon either......and nothing showing on the site or on rebate sites.

Again, I'm sorry, had I known I wouldn't have posted.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm a recent convert.

There is a physical store in the shopping center where my salon is, so I am there every other Friday.

I put things in my wishlist and then hand them my phone and they order it for me in the store, so I don't pay S&H (which, I agree, is highway robbery.  AND for that price it takes FOREVER to ship!).

I ordered the jumpsuit someone posted on another thread with the free shipping code, plus everything else in my wishlist.  

I paid S&H for the 3 in 1 coat because I didn't want to wait to order it.  I was afraid it would sell out (this has been my experience with Talbots).  But I had a 25% coupon, so that offset the S&H.

I'm happy with everything I have and I have a ton.

The super stretch bootcut pants are my dress pants for work.  I bought 3 pair.  I hope they make them in Navy.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Their shipping charges are one of the highest I have come across.  I love their things though.  We have a store, but it's a hike to get there.  

I want to live in that catalogue.  It's just beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I checked online and we do not have a store, although looking at the storefront, it would fit in great with our Bridgestreet shopping complex which is different than a traditional mall.  I guess my town isn't quite big enough.  The closest stores are both 2 hours away in opposite directions.

Valued Contributor

I learned the hard way when I paid $17 to “try on” a sweater.  Never again.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

I checked them out and was surprised to see they offer petite sizing. I'm not ordering now, but will keep them in mind for future purchases, they get good reviews.