Honored Contributor

I have some of their tops and am very happy with them. I do have a local store though which helps. No s&h.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@sfnative, I got my first catalogue from them the other day.  Yeah, they're pricey, but the clothing looks nice.  I generally shop local sales, but don't mind splurging occasionally on a quality item.  How is their sizing?  I'm sometimes a small and sometimes a medium.  I looked at their measurement chart, but wondered if it was accurate.

@Icegoddess

I've never had an issue with sizing.  Have purchased mostly tops and 2-piece items.  My only issue is my arms, which are a bit short, and is totally my challenge.  Don't think I've purchased any pants/slacks from them, so can't address those.

My daughter is a small and about 10 years ago purchased a really cute top for her.  It fit perfectly and she still wears it.

Happy shopping!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I got my first catalogue from them the other day.  Yeah, they're pricey, but the clothing looks nice.  I generally shop local sales, but don't mind splurging occasionally on a quality item.  How is their sizing?  I'm sometimes a small and sometimes a medium.  I looked at their measurement chart, but wondered if it was accurate.

@Icegoddess

I've been shopping SS for years now.  I drool looking through the catalog. Truthfully, I think the quality has changed.  The sizing has become inconsistent.  There was a time, item descriptions mentioned whether or not the item was fitted, semi-fitted or loose fitting.  In general, I find the sizing tends to be be full.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@sfnative, I got my first catalogue from them the other day.  Yeah, they're pricey, but the clothing looks nice.  I generally shop local sales, but don't mind splurging occasionally on a quality item.  How is their sizing?  I'm sometimes a small and sometimes a medium.  I looked at their measurement chart, but wondered if it was accurate.

@Icegoddess

I've never had an issue with sizing.  Have purchased mostly tops and 2-piece items.  My only issue is my arms, which are a bit short, and is totally my challenge.  Don't think I've purchased any pants/slacks from them, so can't address those.

My daughter is a small and about 10 years ago purchased a really cute top for her.  It fit perfectly and she still wears it.

Happy shopping!

I doubt I would buy their pants.  They all look like they're skinny leg and I don't have skinny legs.  

Honored Contributor

This Soft Surroundings tassel necklace is less than Susan Graver tassel necklaces.

This is for those who are concerned with pricing.

McFadden Pendant Necklace

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I've purchased many things. I have a store nearby.

The quality remains excellent. Pay attention to the comments in the catalogue regarding fit. If it says loose fit, you will know it is generous and I go down a size. If the item is fitted, I stay true to size. 

I have three pairs of shorts and one pair of pants. All fit true to size and wash up beautifully.

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago, when Pioneer Woman first became popular, I read - or heard - that she wears SS tops on all her shows.  And that she only wears them once and then donates them. Thought it was nice gesture and yet, slightly odd!!  I do think the tops are nice looking and look good on her shows.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Thanks. I love their home items.....gorgeous!

Respected Contributor

I have a few tops and love them.   I paid full price for one about 5-6 years ago and it still looks like new and I get compliments every time I wear it.  I've gotten every penny's worth ouf ot that top.

I ordered about a dozen things a couple of years ago on sale and online.  What a night mare that was.   I won't bore you with all of the details but I'll never order online from them again.   I'm no longer close to a store so I guess my SS days are over.

Regular Contributor

I love Soft Surroundings. I always shop with them for a special occasion. They have a store in my area, but i usually shop online. Their clothes are high quality and original.