Honored Contributor

Are you practicing this?

I stopped at the grocery today and when I got on line to pay, I stood at least 6 feet behind the man in front of me.  Along comes a woman and just gets in between the man and I.  I said, "Excuse me, but I am behind him".  She gave me a nasty glare and then moved behind me.  I said, "I am just trying to do the right thing".

Another glare.

People can be so delightful, can't they?

Esteemed Contributor

That's when you say Thank You!! (Picturing Kyra Sedgwick from The Closer)

Respected Contributor

Yep, same here... fortunately the check out clerk spoke up and the “pushy” person claimed she didn’t know.  I say, she doesn’t care!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Social Distancing

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot  That's very disconcerting, and I'm sorry that happened to you-- especially during this time.

She might not fully understand the facts relating to social distancing, or just not a good judge of the six feet standard. I am trying to stay home as much as possible for that very reason, and have become much more aware of "personal space". 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine not knowing about social distancing at this point. Some people really do live in self absorbed oblivious  bubbles.

Stores should probably put signs up, even though they shouldn't have to. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I can't imagine not knowing about social distancing at this point. Some people really do live in self absorbed oblivious  bubbles.

@Greeneyedlady21 

I think some people would just claim that they didn't see the sign.

Cat Tongue

Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I think the employees of stores have enough on their plates.  Its personal responsibility.  And yes, I would have said something to her.

Honored Contributor

I'll admit I had to keep reminding myself to step back from people.  Six feet is a lot of space.

Honored Contributor

When the stores are so crowded, it's impossible to stay distanced from anyone there.  That's why one of our grocery stores is limiting the number of seniors to fifty people at time so they can keep their distance more easily. Most stores won't be able to do that unfortunately. But I am taking advantage of their 'senior hour' anyway.

Honored Contributor

I was at the weed store a couple of days ago and they did this interesting thing where they taped large squares onto the floor.

As you entered the building to show your ID at one of the windows there was a man advising you that it's 'one person per square'.    Pretty much people were doing this.  I was, of course, as I've always been one who appreciates personal space.

But when I got into the last line, waiting for a rep, this young man behind me kept stepping into my square.  He was nice.  We talked a little bit while in line, but I didn't feel like saying anything.  It wasn't like he was up against me or anything, just inside my square.

The square thing reminded me of that Seinfeld episode (can you spare a square?).   Smiley Very Happy