Trusted Contributor

Social Clubs, Country Clubs, etc

So tonight I am going as a guest to a local social club near where I live. I never even knew about this club and it's less than two miles from my house. Anyway, I have lots of friends who belong to the country club but I simply can not afford that type of lifestyle. If I could afford it I would have done it a long time ago.

This club seems really affordable and I went yesterday to look at it. It is small, holds only 300 members, it is an older home on the river, the activities include ballroom dancing, square dancing, line dancing, cards, live bands, charity events....I am really looking forward to going tonight. The membership is very affordable, $300 a year and most events run about $7.00 which includes meal. The have happy hour for members Wednesday-Friday and a huge dance floor and stage. I am hoping there will be some single people close or near my age.

Does anyone belong to a club or organization like this? How active are you in the club? I currently belong to an Elvis fan club and the members are much older than myself but it is something my mother really enjoys going too so my sister and I attend the club once a month.

I also thought this this of club would be good for networking and it looks like the host several charity events a year.
Honored Contributor

Re: Social Clubs, Country Clubs, etc

@NativeJax I don't belong to any clubs but I say GO FOR IT! Have a great time.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Go for it if it appeals to you. The price is right. We always belonged to the country club, which was the same club my mother's parents belonged to in the 1930s. So, it was just part of the family. I never thought much about it, but it was just our hangout place as kids and a great and safe environment. I have not felt a desire or a need to join one in my adopted state. We live on a lake, and that's enough activity I guess. I am not a joiner, but this sounds like a nice way to get out and meet some new people. Try it! What do you have to lose but a year's dues if it doesn't work for you?

Respected Contributor

Have a wonderful time, @NativeJax!  Just go without any particular expectations, smile, have fun, be nice, and let us know what you think of this club if you feel like it.  Enjoy your time there.

Honored Contributor

Hope you meet some interesting folks your age and have a wonderful evening.  Keep cool!  

Contributor

It sounds like a great way to socialize. Is it open to anyone who wants to join?  I would want to know that.

Contributor

I should clarify. I would want it to be a place that welcomes everyone.

Trusted Contributor

No, it is a membership with a maximum of 300 members. Apparently they have around 230 right now but spouse's are included in the membership without additional costs so a couple counts as one member. You must be a guest that is invited by a member,if you join your do not become a full member with voting rights into the club, your in a probation period of 6 months. So it isn't open to everyone but doesn't seem snooty or anything, it probably has by laws I would think you have to participate to stay active in it. I will see tonight.
Honored Contributor

If i had a club like that in my town  i would join. 

but sadly i don't.

Let us know if you do .

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political