Frequent Contributor

Re: Sobering experience for me this morning (LOL)

I bet you'll rock it!  Nice job on the weight loss!,

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

From my experience no one is noticing other people. We are all fixated on our selves. I am on the thin side but if I eat a little too much goes straight to my waist. Others have their own problem spots. We don't get enough vacations in life so swim for gosh sakes. Nothing sadder than waiting on the side lines. When you are back home after vacation you get the memories of the fun you had!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

This will be the third year at our town pool, I wear two peice skirted tankini and great cover ups and I enjoy my Summer

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

I want you to rock that darn suit until it hurts, lol.  Good for you :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your weight loss, Have lots of fun on your vacation.

Honored Contributor

My comment is a little mean-spirited but I finally decided that there's always someone who looks worse than me at the pool.  Of course, I usually go at night and avoid the whole issue altogether--lol.  

Good for you @gidgetgh.  Enjoy your vacation.  BTW did you get that iPad Pro?  There's a rumor there will be a smaller version coming out later this month.

Honored Contributor

I live in the heat capital of the US, and  nobody is paying attention to what you are wearing...............      Enjoy your vacation.    You don't have to be self-conscious.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

My comment is a little mean-spirited but I finally decided that there's always someone who looks worse than me at the pool.  Of course, I usually go at night and avoid the whole issue altogether--lol.  

Good for you @gidgetgh.  Enjoy your vacation.  BTW did you get that iPad Pro?  There's a rumor there will be a smaller version coming out later this month.

@tansy- I haven't gotten the iPad pro yet. Based on your post I think I'll hold off a little longer and see if there are any truth to the rumors. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

People really don't pay much attention to others and what they wear anymore. Live and let live. Just say, "Raquel, eat your heart out!" to yourself. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just make sure you have faux tan on every square inch of your body and painted red toenails and fingernails extraordinaire and you'll be great.  Adjust your beach hat a lot with those long, beautiful red fingernails and people will be gazing at those and your beautifully faux tanned arms. When you are laying down on your beach towel or on a chaise lounge, bend your knees...always more flattering.  Wear dark sunglasses while nodding in the direction of all who meet your gaze.   Smiley Happy