Honored Contributor

Jackie Robinson West players before the start of the Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pa. today. Congrats!!!!!!!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} ... thanks! When does Tennessee play ... I'll be sure to watch.

I just checked ... Tennessee plays tomorrow at 2:00 p.m., ET.

Esteemed Contributor

What a great bunch of kids !

We watched them play today. Fabulous !!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/14/2014 Lila Belle said:

What a great bunch of kids !

We watched them play today. Fabulous !!!

That Pierce Jones ... 3 home runs and a triple! The whole team is a joy to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

My son was jumping up and down. That game will always be a part of him and he seems like a super kid as well.

Honored Contributor

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) -- Pitcher Mo'Ne Davis, one of two girls at the Little League World Series, threw a two-hitter to help Philadelphia beat Nashville 4-0 on Friday in the opener for both teams.

<h3>MOREAdditional Links</h3>

The first girl to appear for a U.S. team in South Williamsport since 2004, Davis received rousing cheers during pregame introductions, every time she stepped to the plate and after she struck out the final batter.

Davis had eight strikeout and didn't walk a batter. She retired the first six batters and needed only 70 pitches to complete the game. She was hitless in three at-bats.

Philadelphia shortstop Jared Sprague-Lott hit a three-run home run in the first inning, and outfielder Carter Davis had an RBI sacrifice fly in the sixth.

Well, I was pulling for the girls, but dang.....did she have to get us first? LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."