Trusted Contributor

Re: So you win the $560 million lottery BUT

Her lawyer is now saying that she is losing 14K a day in interest while the case is pending.

The lawyer is trying to get the case moved up.

If she is losing this much interest is this not hew own fault.? To me it seems you cannot have it both ways. Either take the money and get the interest, or wait for the court date to remain anonymous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Winning that much money would be a curse.  I would get rid of it as fast as I could.  Taxes, of course, would take a huge amount.  My family, including extended family, trusts for all of the children, charities, research for incurable and painful diseases like Lyme and RA, donations to weather torn areas like Puerto Rico and the others.  Donations to improve the lives and futures of people like the 13 children who were enslaved in their home would be high on my list.  I would spread it around in every way possible.

I might buy a modest home and hire folks who would take care of it, since I can't.  Oh, and I would buy the finest human hair wig available, since I'm losing my hair, and even though I'm 80, I'm still vain enough not to want to be bald.

However, I never play the lotteries, so my chances of winning one are absolutely nil . . . which is fine with me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

She shouldn't have signed it. Read the rules before you play.