Respected Contributor

Re: So...who watched Fashion Police?

I'm not a fan of Kathy, but I thought she did a great job.

They chose her because this isn't a SERIOUS show about fashion. We tune in late night to LAUGH. if Melissa would have chosen a stiff, serious, fashion icon, no one would watch....it would be Y A W N....zzzzzz.

Respected Contributor

On 1/13/2015 brii said:

George is not returning. I like Brad.

I guess I don't take it as a serious "fashion" show. It doesn't matter what their credentials are.

I agree. Fashion Police is the perfect mix of humor & actual fashion knowledge. I tune in to see what people are wearing, but mainly to be entertained.

Esteemed Contributor

KG has absolutely no knowledge of fashion and is nothing but a crass, foul mouth celebrity. certainly not able to fill Joan's shoes. I see a very short life span for this program.
Super Contributor

On 1/13/2015 goldenretriever said:

I'm not a fan of Kathy, but I thought she did a great job.

They chose her because this isn't a SERIOUS show about fashion. We tune in late night to LAUGH. if Melissa would have chosen a stiff, serious, fashion icon, no one would watch....it would be Y A W N....zzzzzz.

I guess then the producers need to decide is this show mostly for dirty humor... or is it an actual fashion destination show? I think that they are confusing the viewer.. some will watch thinking that they are going to get fashion advise and instead tune in and get dirty jokes and mean girl type of jokes.

Honored Contributor

I never watched for fashion advice.

Kelly and Brad have a lot of fashion knowledge. Kelly is a stickler about ""fit.""

Respected Contributor

On 1/13/2015 annabella said:

I guess then the producers need to decide is this show mostly for dirty humor... or is it an actual fashion destination show? I think that they are confusing the viewer.. some will watch thinking that they are going to get fashion advise and instead tune in and get dirty jokes and mean girl type of jokes.

I can't imagine who would be confused by the format. FP has ALWAYS been like this. It's never been a polite, dry, boring show about fashion advice. If it was, NO ONE WOULD WATCH. People tuned in with Joan because it was saucy & irreverent. They tuned in TO LAUGH.

Super Contributor

Well with Kathy on board.... what are the other panelists there for? None of them are comedians.. and they all seem to be connected to fashion either by their own fashion line or interviewing people about fashion on the runway live.

Kathy is not fashion related at all.... I can not see how having her with her toliet mouth is going to mesh with the other panelists at all. At least Joan had a bit of fashion and style about her... and she had a fashion line as well.

Joan was known for her being a filthy mouthed comedian.... with a fashion flair.

Honored Contributor

As much as I loved FP before & as much as I love Kathy w/ her standup routines...I don't see this developing. The chemistry was awkward...granted it needs time to 'cook', but I could easily see it turning into a fashion destination show with more stylists on the panel...but w/out Kathy.

Brad had a ton of one-liners...he's got potential.

Honored Contributor

It's a different show now than it was with Joan Rivers as host. Only the ratings will indicate if this incarnation succeeds.

Trusted Contributor

I fell asleep while watching. I thought Kathy held herself back a bit. I LOVED Brad G being on there. I felt sorry for kelly - she is not looking good these days. I'll probably watch again if I need help sleeping. lol