Trusted Contributor

Re: So who is NOT going shopping tomorrow to hit all the sales?

@henderson

Thanks for the Philosophy heads up! I will add Ulta to my stops today! $12 is a deal!

I am going to purchase four tires for my car at an awesome BF price! Includes installation, road hazard, etc. I had a quote two days ago for DOUBLE the price!

I also went to Sears last night and got a new garage door opener for half off! That was worth the trip!

BF its not just for gifts and extraneous items! Last year I bought a new freezer! I love that little freezer!

Honored Contributor

No shopping for me, I would not even consider going out on Black Friday.

I am having coffee and coffee cake and watching the snow falling lightly. Later i will enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers, sit  in front of the fireplace and watch the Hallmark Christmas movie. My tree is decorated and I will enjoy turning it on tonight and I will listen to some Christmas music. May wrap some gifts or work on Christmas cards. I don't understand the craziness of being out and about today.

Esteemed Contributor

No, no, no.  I have a floor to mop and besides, I don't like the crowds because I don't want to catch their colds, flu's, or whatever is out there. 

I have what I need - it's nice to know that and realize that too. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

No way! I feel sorry for people who are that desperate to save a few dollars. I suppose those standing in lines for hours or fighting over stuff in stores don't have computers that allow them to shop online? 

@libbyannE- I'm going shopping today.  Leaving in  a few minutes.  No need to "feel sorry for people who are that desperate to save a few dollars".

Some of us just enjoy going.  I like being out among people.  I can sit at home any time.  My sister and I have gone every year since the late 70's.  We make a day of it.  Mall, Talbots, Target, sometimes Best Buy, great lunch out.  It's more of a fun time than desperation shopping to save a few dollars.  Please save your sympathy for something else more important.  Desperation is not in my vocabulary, especially when it comes to shopping.  Spending time with my sister and shopping for Christmas is enjoyable.  Yes, that's the right word.  Enjoyable.

Not all of who shop on Black Friday are the same as those they show on the news, lining up hours ahead of time and wrestling over a tv.

@gidgetgh

You are right. I see it now. Thank you for getting me out of myself and enlightening me about why some people WANT to shop at this time to be out amid the holiday activities. I should have thought of that. You know what? I am embarrassed to admit that I was cranky after a long and stressful day -- no excuse -- and I should have kept quiet. Thank you again.

Honored Contributor

I am not going shopping,plenty of time for that to happen.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I am not shopping today and I am one that loves to shop on Black Friday.  Our kids are grown and we decided we are not buying as much as we have in the past.  They are getting money this year so they can buy what they want.  Oh, I take that back.  We did buy a Northern Nights sheet set for my daughter and with that we are giving money to put towards the purchase of a new bed that she wants to get.

I miss having younger children to buy for and there are no grandchildren in the family .... yet.  I hope someday there will be then I will be back out on Black Friday.

Honored Contributor

I am getting ready to make a trip to the grocery store but staying far away from other shopping although I do have to admit I have placed a couple of on line orders at Nordstrom and Costco!!

Honored Contributor

No shopping for me.

I need a few things from the store but I don't do Black Friday type obsessive shopping or even look for the big ticket items on sale for the occasion so I decided to stay home & do my shopping another day.

I think Boack Friday shopping is really not what it was years ago with sales all month, etc. There really is not much reason for the whole thing.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

No way! I feel sorry for people who are that desperate to save a few dollars. I suppose those standing in lines for hours or fighting over stuff in stores don't have computers that allow them to shop online? 

@libbyannE- I'm going shopping today.  Leaving in  a few minutes.  No need to "feel sorry for people who are that desperate to save a few dollars".

Some of us just enjoy going.  I like being out among people.  I can sit at home any time.  My sister and I have gone every year since the late 70's.  We make a day of it.  Mall, Talbots, Target, sometimes Best Buy, great lunch out.  It's more of a fun time than desperation shopping to save a few dollars.  Please save your sympathy for something else more important.  Desperation is not in my vocabulary, especially when it comes to shopping.  Spending time with my sister and shopping for Christmas is enjoyable.  Yes, that's the right word.  Enjoyable.

Not all of who shop on Black Friday are the same as those they show on the news, lining up hours ahead of time and wrestling over a tv.

@gidgetgh

You are right. I see it now. Thank you for getting me out of myself and enlightening me about why some people WANT to shop at this time to be out amid the holiday activities. I should have thought of that. You know what? I am embarrassed to admit that I was cranky after a long and stressful day -- no excuse -- and I should have kept quiet. Thank you again.

@libbyannE- no problem at all!  Enjoy your weekend. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I agree. 

While I have never been one to get up and stand in line for stores to open or to try to get big ticket items that are in limited quantity, I used to love going shopping on Black Friday!

I'd have my shopping list of gifts to buy and head to the mall. I'd window shop, buy gifts, enjoy the decorations, people watch, treat myself to lunch, just make a nice day of it.