Valued Contributor

Re: So ... what have you bought on Amazon today?

Very disappointed. They made it sound like the sale of the century.

I hate the way they have things displayed too ... and everything that looks a little bit intriguing is already sold out. sheesh.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like there's been a lot of disappointment Associated with the sale.

A Lot of Hype, not so many great sales!
Honored Contributor

Absolutely nothing ... just because they're having a sale doesn't mean I have to buy anything.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I too cannot justify the $99 pricetag for just free shipping (that is all I would use prime for) since I always buy enough for free shipping anyway but my mom is a Prime member and I was thinking of picking up something if there was anything I wanted that was on sale but none of the so called amazing deals are on anything I'm interested in.

I couldn't do it just for the shipping, but I also read one book a month from the included lending library, and watch a lot of videos that are included (movies and TV shows). I have some items on subscription, which gives me a discount on top of the included shipping. When I add it all up, it does pay for itself. All my family members live in California and I am in Texas. ALL my gifts get shipped for every birthday and holiday, so the shipping alone was worth it when it was less expensive.  And if I forget until the very last minute, it's about $3 to upgrade to next day shipping instead of $15 or more. I was even a birthday hero to a co-worker who couldn't find the toys her son wanted for his birthday locally and could find them on Amazon if she could get them shipped in 2 days. Over the last few years, Prime has saved me money.

But you're absolutely right - if the things they offer are not things you can take advantage of or WANT to use, it's too expensive.

Honored Contributor

I'm really happy with Amazon Prime, I use it all the time so the membership fee is worth it for me.  I'm considering using their new Pantry service, I'll have to see if their food products are reasonably priced.

We had the flu a couple of years ago, too sick to go out to shop, we got a lot of necessary items from Amazon, including a ton of Puffs tissues.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing, yet. The tv set I want is not listed in the sales. My wife is looking at maybe a new tablet. Me? I just bought my toy Drone a couple weeks ago, and I don't plan on buying anything just for my pleasure.

Practical/Frugal and/or just plain cheap?

I ask, you decide.  =^..^=     =^..^=

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

According to Time here are some statistics for today:

Prime members purchased:

~ tens of thousands of Fire TV Sticks

~ 35,000 Lord of the Rings Blu-Ray sets

~ 28,000 Rubbermaid sets

~ 4,000 Echos in 15 minutes

~ The Kate Spade purse was gone in less than a minute.

~ The 1.2K of $999 TVs sold out in less than 10 minutes.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

nothing

Honored Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

According to Time here are some statistics for today:

Prime members purchased:

~ tens of thousands of Fire TV Sticks

~ 35,000 Lord of the Rings Blu-Ray sets

~ 28,000 Rubbermaid sets

~ 4,000 Echos in 15 minutes

~ The Kate Spade purse was gone in less than a minute.

~ The 1.2K of $999 TVs sold out in less than 10 minutes.

And mtc - 0

And not that I didn't try mind you . . . I'm just glad somebody got one of those illusive TV's . . . thanks for this post, interesting read . . . Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

That was a pretty good deal on the Firestick, but I already have one (bought it when they had it for $19 one day, best purchase yet).

They had some good deals on DVDs, but I never have gotten around to watching the ones I already have.