Honored Contributor

Re: So ... what have you bought on Amazon today?

I gave a quick glance and there is nothing that catches my eye either
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I'm disappointed also after all the hype. I thought there would be much more that would interest me. I don't really need any electronics and that seems to be most of the "deals".

I bought an Amazon gift card bundle pack - and got a $10 credit to my account. I figure I'm going to spend the money anyway so may as well get an extra $10.  

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Trusted Contributor

Not impressed. Looks like they are cleaning their shelves out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with those who are in the unimpressed column. I was going to order a Fire but something tells me they'll have a new model around Black Friday! I would have bought an updated paperwhite but not on sale.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

They're still adding more stuff. the Amazon Echo just moved onto the list, but at $129.99 it's still $30 more than I paid for my original one. So far I'm happy I got the Kindle Fire HD. I was figuring they might have the Echo at $89-$99 but at $129.99 it's not that great of a deal.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I shop at Amazon all the time so I bought a pack of 3 Amazon gift cards and will get a $10 promotional credit from them.

That's it so far.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Nothng. What I want isn't available. Meh

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

We buy alot of things from Amazon (everything from tea to clothing), so Prime works out well for us.  Having said that, I'm really underwhelmed by today's Prime sale.  I only saw 1 item that interested me.  I wanted to buy 2 of them, but could only get 1 at the Prime sale price, so I wound up buying the second at the regular price - $10 more. My husband said he saw a waterproof watch he wanted, but it sold out instantaneously.  He's on waitlist for it now.  I'm kind of embarrassed that I told my friends about it.

Honored Contributor

To those that bought the gift cards, thanks for the idea. I'm going to buy a pack for myself.  I missed out on a couple of nice to have kitchen things and there are some things that are coming up in about 20 minutes that I would like to take a look at (and there is a Viking set of pots that are coming up later that I would like to see the price on) but other than that I agree I think they are cleaning out inventory and getting people to try their other offerings (like the Prime Music sweepstakes).

Honored Contributor

Well it looks like I missed out on the gift card pack as it's off the front page and I can't find it anywhere else.  They also had an Echo for $129 but that's gone too (I never saw it in any previews so I am wondering if they are offering things without tipping anybody off first).

Bummer about the gift cards.