Honored Contributor

Re: So, what are you doing today?

@ShowMe

Show Me, I am so glad to see you, I haven't bumped into you in quite awhile and I think of you often.  Of course you are in my prayers.

I hope you are doing well with the treatments, it's so much for you to go through.

Heart

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@only shops online wrote:

We took our 3 1/2 year old grandson to a local mall to see the Christmas train garden.  And, he sat on Santa's lap.  Then we did a little shopping and came back to our house.

I promised him that I would bake a batch of cookies.  Then my daughter will come, with our 7 month old granddaughter.  We'll have dinner, they'll go home, and we'll go to bed.

I am really fighting a nap right now!  It's rainy and dreary today.

Oh that sounds so fun! I hope I'm a grandmother someday, plenty of time for that though lol. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

My day got even MORE exciting!  Smiley Wink

We had to call the plumber to come and - whatever they call it - run this thing down in the thing in front of my house because the tree roots keep getting in there.

The good thing is, this happened once before and this time I recognized a sign.  Right after I flush the toilet I hear this 'bloop' that seems to come from my shower (not far from my toilet).  It sounds like something is coming up the shower drain, but it never has.   

Anyway, this time I knew the sign and looked out there to see that that big pipe thing that comes up out of the ground had water coming up out of it.  Called my husband, he called the plumber, and the guy was here at 2:00.  By 2:30 all was well again.  *whew*  

Stuff like that scares me because if I weren't here all the time and didn't recognize the issue, I can't even imagine how that kind of problem would go!  I guess it's a problem, especially with older plumbing pipes or something.  The trees seek out that source of water.

How fun was that?  Who's jealous?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh you had it snaked probably. Fun. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Took DH to eye surgeon for final pre op visit. He got the news that they don't think they can completely repair his vision but what can't be fixed will be correctable with glasses so that is fine. My DH was a premie and only weighed 3 Lbs at birth. Now 70 years later his vision is being affected due to something that did not properly develop because of his early birth. odd eh? 

After the doc we went to lunch then home and housework. 

Doctor's office called and for the 4th time in 2 months they cancelled my appt and made another. My doctor's father is very ill and he has to keep going to Puerto Rico to be with him so I can't get mad but it is irritating and I do NEED to see him. UGGH. New appt is on Christmas eve which is NOT how I planned to be spending that day.

Esteemed Contributor

Cleaning, getting out Xmas stuff, moving furniture around so that I can begin decorating for the holidays. AND making lists of what needs to be done.