Honored Contributor

So sad to hear JCP is closing stores - locations to be announced mid-March (:

Article in local paper today (business section) headlined JCP will close its b&m stores within 6 months.  This really saddens me as I have always loved JCP from kids clothing to home decorating!

I love their broad selection of drapes and home furnishings.  When my boys were little JCP was my "go to place" for their clothing.

I guess they are another victim of "online" shopping.  Of course, I'm guilty - I'd rather sit on my couch and shop VS hitting the mall as it is over 1 hour away.

It stated the Lakeland, FL distribution center is closing - guess for more reasons than just slow sales ...case in point, I ordered valances, draperies & curtain rod end of January, 201 7.

WHAT DID I RECEIVE?  2 pairs of childrens jeans!  Called their CS ... she couldn't care less just wanted me to REORDER & be CHARGED again for the right things. (Perhaps she knew the demise of JCP before I did).

Just sad to hear it - the closest mall to us (slowly becoming a ghost town) closed 3 years ago, along with Macy's and part of Sears (only carry appliances).

So I'll be heading out  today to RETURN the wrong item & try to find out where my RIGHT one is!  (JCP card services & CS hadn't a clue since - yet they charged my JCP card!)

Respected Contributor

Re: So sad to hear JCP is closing stores - locations to be announced mid-March (:

It's a sign of the times.  Malls will be closing soon as the space is emptying out.

Honored Contributor

Re: So sad to hear JCP is closing stores - locations to be announced mid-March (:

I'll just add this one to my long list of department stores that have closed in my lifetime.

It's a loooong list.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Looks like we'll find out which stores are actually closing come mid-March.

Esteemed Contributor

That is sad.  I hope the employees find other jobs soon!  It is the sign of the times, I guess.

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for the employees.
Honored Contributor

I just do not go to the mall, ours in older,and my husband use to work there in one of the stores,once they closed the store he worked in i just stopped going,then he passed in 2013,it just would be too sad for me to go there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Another of my favorite places is closing after 85 years....Family Christian stores which used to be Zondervan's.Cat Sad

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2017/02/23/retail-chain-family-christian-plans-after-85...

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

We had one of the nicest JCP stores I have ever seen. Last time I was in there, it looked worse than one of the worst Walmart's I have ever seen..and one register, maybe two, for the whole downstairs. 

Honored Contributor

Hope they don't close ours down. That's all we have here besides a Dillard's, Wal-Mart & K-Mart. They did open a TJ Maxx so will see how long it stays open.