Respected Contributor

There's a program on TLC, "My Feet Are Killing Me".

Today I watched a episode of this series; the title is "Footnotes: Un-Cross My Toes", dated 3/24/2021

It was a woman from New Jersey and her feet were some of the worst the Dr. Brad Schaeffer had ever seen. She wanted Dr. Schaeffer to operate on both her feet at the same time; he was reluctant to do it but she convinced him.

He did the surgery; it was successful and the woman was touchingly grateful to him. She told him, "You changed my life!" and he probably did. For the first time in years she was free of pain.

At the end of the episode, some text appeared on the screen:

"In Loving Memory of..." and it was the name of that woman.

I felt so sad for her but it occurred to me that by the time she died, her life was so much better than it had been, even if only for a while. The last scene before the end of the episode was her, almost dancing out of the doctor's office.

Esteemed Contributor

i remember that episode......because she cried a lot.......RIP.....

Honored Contributor

I watched that episode late last night.  The woman's name was Michele Caputo.

She seemed to be a bright light who definitely caught your attention with her bubbly personality.

May she Rest In Peace.

Esteemed Contributor

I had watched my recording earlier today and was shocked at the end seeing she had passed. I had googled her name and there is news of her passing but nothing yet on what the cause of death was. 

Respected Contributor

My guess is that it might have been covid; it seems to me it went through that area like a forest fire early on. But that's just a guess; I don't really know.

Super Contributor

yes I also saw that episode last nite and was shocked when at the end it was "in memory of Michelle Caputo"--and I said to myself that's that lady that was just on--so sad--may she rest in peace------------------------marynj