Honored Contributor

Yep, rainy and gloomy here.   It rained yesterday and was supposed to be clear today.  It's raining though.  I'm not sure that we've had more than one day near eighty.  I can get by.  I'm worried about the farmers and their crops.

Honored Contributor

Re: So much rain and gloom

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 

I personally don't get the connection with "rain" and "gloom ". Now where it is flooding, in some parts of my state and across the river, I get it. But getting depressed over the weather?  We live in 4 season country and as they say(whoever THEY might be). "If you don't like the weather here, wait a couple hours and it will change.

Cheer up! We only get 1 go around!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I'll take a little rain & clouds, cozied up on the couch, with my dog & a good book/movie.

Honored Contributor

Re: So much rain and gloom

[ Edited ]

Nope. I am a rain, fog, cloudy, dark and cold kinda person. Sunshine makes me crabby and heat and sunshine (humidity ALWAYS accompanies those 2) make me stabby. I cocoon indoors during the summer with AC on and the drapes drawn to cut the sun (which = heat).

My family thinks I have a vampire blood in me, lol.

EDITED to add: the large amount of rain has made everything here a beautiful deep, lush green. My hydrangeas are GORGEOUS. The lawns are plush.  It's beautiful outside right now due to the rain. Not to mention our water tables are finally up since we had hardly any snow this winter.

Honored Contributor

On the opposite side of the spectrum....here in Seattle....the land of RAIN... WE ARE IN. Drought...WE NEED RAIN😩  I have to water my trees and plants because it is so dry.  And Summer  has not even started....the dry season🙁

Respected Contributor

I know exactly how you feel and that's a big reason why we left the Philly area .

So much happier here.      Full sunshine all this week and highs in the low 80's.    Perfect.   

Respected Contributor

In mid-Michigan: rain and gloom. I'm reading,  but not on my beautiful balcony--too chilly out there!

Respected Contributor

Lots of rain here in Florida.....wouldn't mind if it stopped for a bit.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't say that I'm depressed about all the rain, but it sure is getting old! I'm in St. Louis and it seems like we have one nice day followed by 2 (or more) days of thunderstorms. I'm afraid my flowers and plants are going to have root rot! At least last week was nice and cool, but the humidity is back this week.....oh well. We'll probably be begging for rain in a few months! Hang in there!

Honored Contributor

We have been having not great weather also.  It's a downer, for sure because we wait all year for this time of the year to roll aroud and then we get this!  I know we just get what we get and nothing to be done about it.  But, boy, we could sure use a few dry, warm --- not hot --- days!  That would really make us all feel happy!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin