Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 

Oh I would love to be where you are!

One of my nicest beach visits was Rehoboth Beach.  Haven't been back in years although I'm not that far away in Maryland. 

It's a lovely area.

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 

Although we have had lovely weather in Maryland for a few days, I understand what you are saying.

When it's rainy or even just hot and humid, I feel down.  We've had lots of rain this year, but it is sunny today.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

it is still a beautiful area!

you should try to get here if at all possible.....you would love it all over again!

its not overly busy at this time either. but, by next week, through july, and august it will definitely be more populated.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Yes, I'm sick and tired of all the rain and cool temps we've been having but does it make me depressed?? Um NO. There are a lot of much worse things that could happen than me worrying about the weather. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

In Oklahoma it is getting on everyone's last nerve.  We are hurting and trying to help people who are flooded, farmers who are losing crops on a huge magnitude, people with hail, wind and tornado damage.

Last night again we were under the gun with tornadoes, hail and wind in places and threats in many other places and MORE rain,

Even normally happy and bright people are feeling the gloom and doom.  And there is no end in sight!

Honored Contributor

So far it has been a cool and rainy June, doesn't really bother me though. The weather is what it is. July may be hot and dry, who knows?

Respected Contributor

Yes I am right there with you....gloomy....dark...overcast...raining non stop....YUK!! Can't sit out on patio not even sure we can grill our steaks out there today!  It is very depressing....weeks and weeks of this with a 1 day nice hit here and there....mostly just raining and gloomy out.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep.....I am right there with you....

We are headed to Florida tomorrow and it's raining there too...

Honored Contributor

Re: So much rain and gloom

[ Edited ]

We are taking advantage of the gloomy weather by painting the living room walls.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3   I understand.  When there is a long spell of gloomy, dreary weather it affects me, too.  I like as much daylight and warmth as possible in spring and summer and want to spend lots of time outdoors gardening, walking, and so forth after being cooped up a lot most winters.

In DC earlier this year we had eleven weeks straight of some rain every day except each Wednesday.  Today there is a chance of thunderstorms as the temps and humidity rise with the prospect of chances of rain and T storms for all of this week and maybe a second near mini heatwave;  we already had the first official one about two? or three? weeks ago, and then back to autumn like temps.

Be patient--it has to change in your area of the country soon.