Honored Contributor

Yesterday, I was standing at the sink washing my dishes, the window over the sink was up. I  heard all this large sound of smashing and leaves rustling.  A dear ran out across the back yard. I looked in the direction he came from  and this huge tree, roots and base of tree and all had fallen down.  There's more water that is back there now, and I think it just got soaked.  That's pretty scary though!!  No one hurt, or no animals hurt, but, I've been watching our big trees out back, wondering if it would happen to ours.  Hopefully, we're on some higher ground.  

Honored Contributor

Re: So much rain and gloom

[ Edited ]

I'm watching YouTube about tornados.  Rainy, cool and damp doesn't seem so bad outside. LOL

But where is El Reno?  May 31, 2013 had a tornado.  I've never seen such a black sky!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

In Oklahoma it is getting on everyone's last nerve.  We are hurting and trying to help people who are flooded, farmers who are losing crops on a huge magnitude, people with hail, wind and tornado damage.

Last night again we were under the gun with tornadoes, hail and wind in places and threats in many other places and MORE rain,

Even normally happy and bright people are feeling the gloom and doom.  And there is no end in sight!

I underllined and bolded this above.  The end in sight, is called SNOW, in them there hills here!   LOL  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so sick of this weather I could scream.  It is so depressing.  It's another day of gloomy skies and high possibility of rain here.

It poured most of the day Saturday and almost all day yesterday as well.  

Our grass is so soaked, you can hear the squishing as you walk through it.  I have no idea when it will be able to be mowed again because it's pretty much supposed to rain all week here.  There is a part of our grass in the backyard that hasn't been able to be mowed yet because of standing water.  My husband week wacked it because it was so high.  Flowers are just about drowning in the rain and look awful. 

We have businesses that are closed because the parking lots are under water.  There are restaurants here on the water and the parking lots are partially closed because of the high water and the boats cannot pull up to dock because everything is under water.  A friend of mine had to go to one of the local islands here for work and he said when he got off the ferry, he had to walk through water because the dock is totally under.