Esteemed Contributor

So much rain and gloom

[ Edited ]

I hate to be a downer, but is anyone else depressed over all this rain and gloom?  I know we can't do anything about it, but it is so depressing.  I so enjoy going out on my back porch and reading but it is so cold and raining, I can't do it.  Sorry if I upset anyone Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Here in Chicago I'm enjoying the cool--60s--cloudy weather.  I hate heat and humidity.

Valued Contributor

Same here.  Woke up to fog, now it’s raining AGAIN!  Backyard is a swamp.  

Esteemed Contributor

I’m in Arizona where we enjoy yet again another 100 degree plus day/week/month. I would gladly take the rain and cold.

Honored Contributor

What rain and gloom?  We have a sunny, cloudless sky in Albuquerque this morning.  You're just in the wrong place.  It was only 84° yesterday so I didn't even have the AC on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It’s a beautiful day here - sunny and 75 - so I’m happy. We’ve managed to avoid much of the rain this week, but they’re predicting evening thunderstorms in the early part of the week. I don’t think I could live in parts of the country where it rains much of the time, as it does put me down in the dumps.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry you are feeling this way.  Yes, gray days can be depressing but rain means I don't have to water the gardens and that makes it all worthwile.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Here in Chicago I'm enjoying the cool--60s--cloudy weather.  I hate heat and humidity.

Yep ... what she said, although I hope the sun peeks out sometime today.

Honored Contributor

it poured on thursday and i drove through it to get to the delmarva beaches.

the last three days we have had perfect weather.......not higher than 80 degrees, a nice breeze, and lots of sun!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

We've had so much rain here in western NY, my husband is thinking he might have to plant rice instead of onions in our garden !!!!!