Respected Contributor

Re: So much negativity in the world

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

The negativity has been shown in a couple of these comments that I've read here.  For anyone to think that all is right in this world because they've lined their pockets with more money is showing tunnel vision and selfishness.  Hopefully, through your happiness, you can have some sympathy for the ones that didn't get an economy windfall.    

I can't complain much about 2017 either but knowing what I know, it was not great and 2018 is not off to a good start either.  Most of us don't live in a bubble.

Rather judgemental when someone was just stating how they feel.  Of course you are welcome to you opinion also, but what did you hope to accomplish by your statements?  Were they constructive or destructive?

I didn't find it judgmental at all. In fact, I found her comment spot on.

I actually found your response rather lecturing and combative.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

People don't know who to listen to anymore, that's part of the problem. I don't know who to listen to either but it doesn't make much sense for any country to attack CA when it would mean assured annihilation of their own country.  

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

A doctor gives a good medical report which I consider to be good news for anyone and yet the haters try to tear it apart asking silly questions clearly hoping for poor health for an individual. Since reporters are not physicians, do they not realize how ignorant they looked?

Inquisitive? YES! Ignorant? NO! There are a few "reporters" who happen to be physicians and they didn't believe the report either. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

To remain sane, I try not to control things I cannot change. 

On these forums, if I get jabs and it gets out of hand, I just move on.

I can’t, unfortunately, make any political changes or for that matter even discuss it here.

The other injustices I see around me? I do my best to volunteer and give to charities.

I try to have some positive input within my family. I teach my grandchildren the merits of kindness, harmful impact of bullying, sadness of those less financially fortunate. I encourage the Girls to look around and notice their surroundings at all times so they’re prepared to scream as loud as they can & try to run (pains me to speak about such things to a 9 yr. old and 5 yr. old), but may save their lives.

I also pray that within my lifetime I’ll see some move towards  positive changes in our world.

Honored Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

2017 was just a marvelous year for me and mine.

We welcomed a new grandchild into the world in the latter part of December.

My 401K is now an 801K, as some wag on the internet put it.

Personally, I think we live in an amazing time.  Our country, and the world, has problems but it was ever thus.

When I was a kid, the Jetsons were the only ones who could make phone calls with pictures of the people you were calling on the other end.  Now everyone can.  The explosion of wealth and technology across the world is astounding.

I say delve deeply into your faith, if you have one, and stay away from people who insist you mirror their faith or their politics.  I adore conversations about both, but I choose to engage in those types of conversations solely with people who have the maturity and wisdom to recognize that others may not share their views.  And that's okay.

I sincerely wish you all a wonderful 2018!  Seek the goodness in the world and you will find it.

Good post. I think 2018 will be a great year, we are off to a good start. I wish the pessimists would stop with the nonsense. The economy and jobs numbers are off the charts and I am not worried about a nuclear war or any other of the nonsensical jibberish they preach. Focus on the real  issues like ISIS, not if you wear dentures or how much ice cream you eat!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

The negativity has been shown in a couple of these comments that I've read here.  For anyone to think that all is right in this world because they've lined their pockets with more money is showing tunnel vision and selfishness.  Hopefully, through your happiness, you can have some sympathy for the ones that didn't get an economy windfall.    

I can't complain much about 2017 either but knowing what I know, it was not great and 2018 is not off to a good start either.  Most of us don't live in a bubble.

Rather judgemental when someone was just stating how they feel.  Of course you are welcome to you opinion also, but what did you hope to accomplish by your statements?  Were they constructive or destructive?

@CrazyDaisyI think my comments were my comments.  No more, no less.  Definitely weren't destructive.  If there had to be name on them, I'd say informative, though.  You say I'm judgmental, maybe so.  But that must mean that everyone is judgmental to an extent.  In your way, you're judging me but that's fine.  No man is an island.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
 CNN

North and South Korea to march together at Winter Olympics 

North and South Korean athletes will march together at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony under a unified flag representing the entire peninsula, South Korea announced Wednesday.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

A doctor gives a good medical report which I consider to be good news for anyone and yet the haters try to tear it apart asking silly questions clearly hoping for poor health for an individual. Since reporters are not physicians, do they not realize how ignorant they looked?

Inquisitive? YES! Ignorant? NO! There are a few "reporters" who happen to be physicians and they didn't believe the report either. 

@JaneMarple@RetRN

And Dr. Sanjay Gupta brought up very good questions re signs of heart disease that were just glossed over by the reporting doctor.

I found that quite interesting.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate and baiting

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@CrazyDaisyI think my comments were my comments.  No more, no less.  Definitely weren't destructive.  If there had to be name on them, I'd say informative, though.  You say I'm judgmental, maybe so.  But that must mean that everyone is judgmental to an extent.  In your way, you're judging me but that's fine.  No man is an island.

I do not believe calling someone selfish is informative or constructive, but of course you are entitled to your opinion.  Just seems calling others names is not a positive thing.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.