Esteemed Contributor

Re: So much negativity in the world

I am finding that your opinion is OK as long as you agree with what the person says...

Valued Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

http://quotespictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/dont-let-negative-and-toxic-people-rent-space-in-your-head-raise-the-rent-and-kick-them-out.jpg

Excellent!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

No matter what anyone says, someone else needs to prove you wrong.  No matter how nice a comment, someone will tear it apart.  No matter what you look like, someone will criticize you.  No matter what you do, someone will always find fault.  What a wonderful world we have created.

I have found that the only thing that has gotten me through life is a positive outlook. I don't dwell or think much about all the ills of the earth. I watch the News but have no idea who any of these people are that are often posted about here from Cable News. I watch a local station with no political slant.

The internet is a hotbed for negativity......limiting my exposure has been a good solution. All that time I could be complaining I would rather try and do something positive that lifts the spirits and contributes maybe to mine and someone else's happiness.

Respected Contributor

Positivity is rare these days.

Respected Contributor

"Be careful with your words.   Once they are said, they can be only forgiven, not forgotten."     -Unknown

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I am finding that your opinion is OK as long as you agree with what the person says...

@Nataliesgramma  You are so right!!!  Used to be you could have an opinion, but now...like you said...you can't unless it is the same as everyone else's.  Civil discussions are nearly a thing of the past.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy   Yes, it seems no question, thought or opinion can hardly be stated without someone feeling the need to take objection in a less than nice tone. Even on these boards. It would be nice for people to be able to converse and express their individual points of view and others join in in a respectable manner , to express their own point of view if they have a different opinion. So much of what I read on here is much like what we see on televission, snarcky responses  that are intended to insult,  rather than open up a dialogue. in an intelligent manner. Sad. We should all be mature enough to play in the same sand box here and be respectful of each other, no one said we had to all agree, but if you can not hold a decent conversation, what is the point. 

I miss the days of old when great news reporters like Walter Cronkite would deliver the news and leave us to form our own opinion. Now we see hours and hours of hosts and guests such as on cnn, Meghan Kelly and the view,   yelling back and forth , attacking eachother, so much so you can understand what anyone is saying due to all of the yelling. I can not watch this type of tv anymore. This is not true debate, it is arguing and fighting and has no shred of professionalism.

I think of also the children in school and online with the bullying. Do parents not teach their children any values, ethics or morals anymore.

Super Contributor

9A1B38E2-62C1-4F2F-9F91-DDAFCA739512.jpeg

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy   Yes, it seems no question, thought or opinion can hardly be stated without someone feeling the need to take objection in a less than nice tone. Even on these boards. It would be nice for people to be able to converse and express their individual points of view and others join in in a respectable manner , to express their own point of view if they have a different opinion. So much of what I read on here is much like what we see on televission, snarcky responses  that are intended to insult,  rather than open up a dialogue. in an intelligent manner. Sad. We should all be mature enough to play in the same sand box here and be respectful of each other, no one said we had to all agree, but if you can not hold a decent conversation, what is the point. 

I miss the days of old when great news reporters like Walter Cronkite would deliver the news and leave us to form our own opinion. Now we see hours and hours of hosts and guests such as on cnn, Meghan Kelly and the view,   yelling back and forth , attacking eachother, so much so you can understand what anyone is saying due to all of the yelling. I can not watch this type of tv anymore. This is not true debate, it is arguing and fighting and has no shred of professionalism.

I think of also the children in school and online with the bullying. Do parents not teach their children any values, ethics or morals anymore.

Reading comments on twitter this morning was eye opening.  They had nothing to do with the post, they were made just to be nasty...why.  IF you do not like her, why follow her other than to spread hate.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

There is negativity in the world but I think there is a lot more positivity than negativity. I can remember an old boss of mine saying people who have a negative experience are 10 times more likely to tell others about their negative experience than those who have a positive experience. I believe that is the only reason why we hear more about negative stuff. It isn't that positive stuff isn't happening, it is just that people talk more abourt negative stuff. 

That is why it is really important to surround yourself with positive people. I find the way I react to situations really impacts the outcome. If I go in with a positive attitude, it always ends much better. I can't remember a time when I reacted negatively when it had a great outcome. I can only control my behavior.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK