Respected Contributor

Re: So much negativity in the world

It is everywhere, it seems.

Here, I find myself commenting less, what's the point?  Anything that is interesting gets reported and deleted.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I agree.  Also, people need to be able to discuss things without taking personal offense about anything and everything.

It's all in the delivery.  Reading it, is different than hearing it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is absolutely no reason why people can’t agree to disagree!! As a society we used to be able to respectfully disagree, say our peace, compromise sometimes & move on!! Today people dig in with all of their arrogance & don’t care at all about the consequences.

It’s disappointing for me to see our country go backwards rather than forward.It’s not one person or party’s fault.We all share the blame .We must demand more of our leaders & of ourselves.This is about humanity not politics!!

We are “one nation under God indivisible with liberty 🗽 & justice for all”.We need to all remember that!!

Super Contributor

And stop labeling people.  Calling them this or that when you don't agree with them

i know I can be guilty of that 

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

@DustRose wrote:

And stop labeling people.  Calling them this or that when you don't agree with them

i know I can be guilty of that 

Spoiler

I am sure everyone can say the same thing from time to time.  Does not mean we cannot try harder to do better.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

I agree.  Also, people need to be able to discuss things without taking personal offense about anything and everything.

It's all in the delivery.  Reading it, is different than hearing it. 

I know that i find it rather difficult to find the correct words ,to make my idea's known.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

http://quotespictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/dont-let-negative-and-toxic-people-rent-space-in-your-head-raise-the-rent-and-kick-them-out.jpghttp://www.lovethisgif.com/uploaded_images/671-happy-tuesday.gif?1

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

I agree, the NATION needs to agree, the WORLD needs to agree.

Honored Contributor

It seems to me that , especially on the internet, people have the idea that anyone who has a different point of view is somehow the enemy. Some people personalize every thing. I can disagree with you about some point , without having to hate you personally, but that is exactly how some folks are. Most especially if you get into politics. As soon as you disagree with them - they go right for the throat, personally attacking your personality or saying any hurtful thing. Hurting the person's feelings being the most important thing to them. I esp. note the ones who are being as mean and hateful as they possibly can, but telling the poor person being attacked they are mean & hateful.

Honestly, it's a sick world we live in and I'm personally glad I'm old and won't be around a lot longer, because it seems it's going to get even worse.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

No matter what anyone says, someone else needs to prove you wrong.  No matter how nice a comment, someone will tear it apart.  No matter what you look like, someone will criticize you.  No matter what you do, someone will always find fault.  What a wonderful world we have created.

@CrazyDaisy  Ignore Ignore Ignore.