Honored Contributor

So, if 'Sussex' Is the Selected Last Name, as I Read Online...

...then "Spencer" as the first name would make for a pleasingly alliterative name.

SPENCER SUSSEX

LORD SPENCER SUSSEX

With a mother named Meghan Markle, it seems like an easy leap, but we shall see.

Any news on the name selected yet?

Honored Contributor

Re: So, if 'Sussex' Is the Selected Last Name, as I Read Online...

Might be too many "S" sounds............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Agree that Spencer Sussex is a terrible name, but I don't think the last name is Sussex, or even if there will be a last name.  They don't all use them -- pretty sure Harry doesn't have one, being a prince and all . . .

It could come out a number of different ways actually.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

desertDi,

I said the name out loud,and I did sound a bit hissy.  It challenges, plus it would challenge the one who owned it.

Lord Spencer Sussex would have a colorful reputation to live up to, I think.  Could be pulled off brilliantly, though.

Honored Contributor

This morning I read that "Sussex" is the chosen last name, just as the Cambridges chose "Cambridge" as their last name.

I'm as good as my source.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It might be better if they tuck the "Spencer" among several other names.  I believe it will be included, though.  Don't know why, but I think it would be foolish not to honor Diana in this way.  (Better than "Hunter.")

Maybe Lord Charles Spencer Philip Sussex.

ETA:  I forgot to include "Nelson."  Can't help but think this couple that hopes to operate on the world stage acknowledges Mandela (or Martin Luther King, Jr., for that matter).  "George" is still running in the competition, too, in my mind.

Honored Contributor

According to a British newspaper:

"But the child will not be given the title of prince and he will instead be known as the Earl of Dumbarton."

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@golding76   He's pretty far down the line of succession, so he's gonna have to get a paying civil job 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

desertDi,

I do think this child will be looked to for something special.  My hope is that he has a thoughtful and kind soul with a philosophical bent.  He can, even in quiet ways, be a leader, if he chooses. 

Honored Contributor

@golding76 

Everything I've read has said that his name wouldn't be announced until he meets the Queen today, who would be told what name they've chosen first

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.