Trusted Contributor

Re: So how do you carry your cell phone around?

@Mom2Dogs   I completely agree with you. : )

Valued Contributor

I usually don't!  I have two jobs, neither of which would be appropriate for phone to ring, so it's left in purse in car.  It's in purse at home, too.  If I take just wristlet into store, it's in purse in car.  I'm not attached to any phone anywhere.  It is a tool for MY convenience, not others.

Honored Contributor

cannot remember the last time i saw a pay phone.

my mom used to have her phone turned off unless she needed it.

i told her that she should keep it charged and on all the time.

she should have it by her bedside, carry it if she is out walking the dog, keep it in the bathroom with her, have it in her purse anytime she is going out.

that is why we added her to our plan.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

My cell phone isn't even turned on UNLESS I need to call my son or need help. I upgraded from a flip phone (mine was ruined in the accident in December) and can't leave this phone in the car. Major disappointment. That flip phone lived in the car for years and went months without have to be charged. It was wonderful.

Now, I have to remember where I put this fancy smart phone: is it in the kitchen with my keys or with my purse? What a nuisance. And, it seems to need charging weekly because of its electronics. I have no desire to text ever and only a few people have the cell number. Family and friends know to call my landline, which I always answer if home. Otherwise, I return messages ASAP.

I refuse to be tied to a cell phone. No one will interrupt my privacy except my son or DIL. Nothing is that important in the scheme of things IMO.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I wear my cell phone whenever I am up, in a utility style fanny pack. It accommodates my larger phone, but is flat and easy to wear under clothing. 

When I first got a cell phone, I looked on it as backup for me alone and never turned it on. Then one day,there was an emergency and my daughter could not reach me. At that moment, I realized I needed to have my phone turned on in case someone needed to call me.

I also think it is important to have my cell on me indoors, 

in case of an accident. I am so used to wearing it, I hardly notice it.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven’t found a good way to carry one except in my purse (a Kipling) which has an inside pocket that holds it perfectly.  When I’m moving about the house and plan on staying on one area, I carry my purse with me (we have 3 levels).  At first it seemed like a pain but I’ve gotten used to it.  We still have a landline and one of the advantages is that there’s one on every floor so there was never a need to carry it everywhere.

Honored Contributor

Outside slot of my crossbody bag. 

"Pure Michigan"
Frequent Contributor

I keep mine in my bag. It's less of a distraction for me.

Honored Contributor

How does a cell phone interrupt someone's privacy?  You don't have to answer it.  You can keep it on silent and let it go to voicemail.

A landline phone interrupts privacy as much as a cell phone does.  I always laugh when people think they have to answer the phone or the text right away.  You don't have to do anything if you don't want to...

Respected Contributor

I fell in the bathroom and broke my elbow.  Thank goodness my husband was home.  My neighbor decided to take her dog for a walk when she was really weak from cancer treatment and fell.  She could not get up and just had to wait for someone to help her up.  When you get older you really benefit from a cell phone with you at all times.  However it is hard to have one on you every minute.  I don't always have a pocket.  Maybe there is something like a gun holster that could carry a phone on you.  I do have something I use like a belt that holds the phone if I walk but it would not be something I could wear at the house all day.