Respected Contributor

Re: So how do you carry your cell phone around?

@spiderw wrote:

My cell phone is in my purse, shut off and only used for emergencies..  My outings are quiet and peaceful, I like it that way.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

The outside secure pocket of my handbags...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

In the outside pocket - either zippered or magnatized part of my handbag!  Easy access for sure.

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I carry my cellphone in my purse when out and about.  At home i leave it on a table.   But i have to rethink that - I had a friend who was at home and went down to her basement to organize a few things.  She fell while in the basement and broke her hip. Thank goodness she had her cellphone in her pocket otherwise I don’t know how long she would have been down there on the floor before someone found her (she is widowed). 

Yes!   I keep my phone on the table beside me when I'm home but when I go to the mailbox or take trash out or just go to the door to pickup a package;  I take my cell phone with me.  My friend accidently locked herself out her apartment, she did not have her cell phone with her so she had to walk, in bare feet, down to the office to get them to come and let her in.  If she'd had her phone on her, she could have just called them.  A couple of years ago,  a co-worker went out at 6am to shovel her car off after a snow storm and she slipped and banged her head on the car and broke a bone in her foot.  She had to lay there in the snow until someone came out and heard her screaming for help.  It was so lippery she couldn't stand up.   She was lucky that it was a weekday and people were leaving early to head off to work.  She could have been there for hours if it had been a Sunday!   Honestly, I cannot even wrap my head around the women who say they leave the cell phones in their parked cars.  Why have a cell phone if they never use it?  Why have a cell phone if they don't have it for emergencies?     

Honored Contributor

I have a flip phone for emergencies. It's the only cell phone I have. I used to keep it in my car all the time but then after reading some posts on this forum a while back it was suggested that a cell phone should not be left in a hot/cold car. Also, I read that if I left my phone in the car then how would I get to it if I needed it while I was away from my car? So now I carry it in my purse, always. Makes sense to me.

Honored Contributor

I do keep it close to me, usually in my jean pocket  and take it with me if I go for a walk,or go to the community mailboxes, or if I'm on a ladder changing the A/C filter or getting something from a top shelf...just in case...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Always in my handbag.  

Honored Contributor

If I'm home, it's always right next to me.  

If I'm out, it's either in my hand or in my purse.  

It's not that I'm using my phone every second, I just like to know where it is.  I briefly lost it and it's not a good feeling.  I like to keey my eye on it.  LOL

Honored Contributor

handbag, crossbody bag, wristlet, tote......it really depends on the day.

i do have a "ring" attached to the back of my case for when i am holding it in my hand. it gives me some extra security.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

I hope you charge it on a regular basis 

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I don't, it stays locked in my car for emergency use.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.