Respected Contributor

Re: So how do you carry your cell phone around?

I carry my cellphone in my purse when out and about.  At home i leave it on a table.   But i have to rethink that - I had a friend who was at home and went down to her basement to organize a few things.  She fell while in the basement and broke her hip. Thank goodness she had her cellphone in her pocket otherwise I don’t know how long she would have been down there on the floor before someone found her (she is widowed). 

Honored Contributor

My cell phone is in my purse, shut off and only used for emergencies..  My outings are quiet and peaceful, I like it that way.

Trusted Contributor

I am on 24-hour call.  So the phone - in a folio because I have a habit of dropping phones - is basically glued to my hand.

Honored Contributor

I hand it to my husband to put in the car.  We don't stray from home much.

Honored Contributor

It's in the zipper section of my handbag, and turned off.  Friends know to leave voice mail or send email or text message ... that I don't answer my phone when "on the go."

Frequent Contributor

@songbirdI have a large phone also and have no land line phone so I carry my phone everywhere.  When out and about or at work I normally carry my phone in the outside pocket of my purse.  Had to get a new purse with large outside pocket.   I have not found a good way to carry my phone on me.   I live in a rurual area so I'm outside a lot and try to find pants to accomodate my phone without slipping out.  The size of phone has been a problem but i need the phone and the size helps me be able to read and respond to texts.

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you and none here so far either.  Pants with deep pockets help. I've tried the arm band holsters but they are cumbersome.  I've tried the waist belts and belt cases but none work for me.  I'm not a wristlet type of person - I would be putting it down and leaving it places!

For protection - an otter box is good but I use a lifeproof box as if I drop it might be in water or a hoof might step on it.  Lifeproof case makes it heavier but I've not cracked a screen or received a scratch on the phone itself.  

Try googling "best ways to carry large cell phone" and there might be some answers that work for you.  Good luck

Respected Contributor

All my handbags have an outer slip pocket and I keep it in there for easy access. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't..   I see no need in carrying that stupid thing around...

Most of the time I leave it at home...

Respected Contributor

Call me a dinosaur, but I still have a flip phone and that little baby fits anywhere! Woman Very Happy But to answer your question, I always keep it in a side zip area of my purse.    

Honored Contributor

Technically it "lives" in my bag.  However, these days I seem to get a lot of calls on my cell-- and I don't know why, I usually give people the house phone number-- and I admit to texting quite a bit.  So when I'm home for extended periods of time my cell phone travels from room to room with me.  I place it on the counter or on a table; I don't keep it in a pocket.