Honored Contributor

Re: So how are your investments doing?

[ Edited ]

Of course I'm down on paper. 

But I always keep cash on hand for buying opportunities just like this.  I bought a tiny bit of a few equities I've been watching, but not much.  It's far from over yet and nothing has gone down enough for me to put much money into them.  Frankly, I'm surprised it was only down 340 or so at the close today.

Respected Contributor

Wow Seamaiden - not sure if you’re bragging or complaining !?!?

Wish I had $50k to lose...

Honored Contributor

When you think about it, if you play the stock market your money isn't really money(gold) it's paper. My son invests some and he always says if you can't afford to lose don't play. I feel sorry for those whose retirement is connected to the stock market.

Respected Contributor

Most markets across the globe are also falling just like ours.  Lucky to be Canadian, they aren't falling so much. 

I take a calm view, we're all in this together and it will eventually pass.  I try to not toss my cookies listening to the minimizing for political reasons which added to some of our losses (IMO) but they'll do what they do and we each need to be responsible to protect ourselves as best we can physically and financially.

I'm not moving money except possibly later to make some money more fluid but not taking it out of the market.  We're going to Canada this summer if they'll let us in, maybe we'll stay a few months.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

When you think about it, if you play the stock market your money isn't really money(gold) it's paper. My son invests some and he always says if you can't afford to lose don't play. I feel sorry for those whose retirement is connected to the stock market.

@blackhole99 

Actually, our money is no longer gold either.

Honored Contributor

So glad I cashed out the beginning of the year.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99 

Actually, our money is no longer gold either.

@geezerette  you are so right, but when you lose at the market it's gone, your cash is still in the bank, so far.LOL

Respected Contributor

I'm invested as conservatively as possible.  At this age and stage of life that is my comfort zone.  I'm down a little, but not very much.

Honored Contributor

Had my six month review with the financial advisor today. Down 2% because I'm a conservative investor. Bonds are doing well. This is a crisis driven by fear. Those types of things will happen when 'the street' panics but then they rebound. Might take awhile - talking about it won't change a thing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just saw General Honore ( remember him, from Katrina?) commenting on the stock market drop...he told Wall Street to “put on your big boy pants and stop your whining”. LOL
Good advice. The market closed down-357....better than the rest of the week.