Honored Contributor

Re: So frustrated with Frontier Communications.

It's ok,  we all have challenges and we have to vent.  Venting helps us feel better but sadly, it doesn't fix the problem.  

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops I have some stock also.  Didn't know it lost value.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp  Neither did I until I was thinking I better sell something and take the remainder of my required distribution and couldn't even find Frontier on my portfolio list!  Then I read the dire news. 

Esteemed Contributor

Frontier is a mess!  I live in Arizona and it is our only choice; we have complained about internet speeds (and even gotten reduced fees on certain cr**py months).  I would change providers in a heart beat.

Esteemed Contributor

I am very seriously considering switching from Frontier internet to HughesNet. Their new Gen5 speeds sound good, much better than Frontier rural and is becoming more and more worth the additional cost.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Trusted Contributor

North Idaho here and have the same slow speed & lousy service from Frontier. And no other option for internet. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop,

Comcast vanished and Frontier arrived in my area

They are the less bad alternative this is why we have it. You are right we need more internet cable competition or else as a monopoly it does not have the incentive to improve.🌻

Valued Contributor

I'm in southern California & got stuck with Frontier when Verizon FiOs sold out to them in this area.  Frontier was in no way equipped to handle the load here & everyone was furious at Verizon for bailing & leaving us with a substandard company.  My Frontier contract expires next month (YIPPEEE!!!) & I am going with Spectrum. 

Adios & good riddance Frontier!

Honored Contributor

Frontier is a company that's trying to bankrupt themselves by alienating every customer they have. They tie the hands of their customer service reps and play all kinds of odd billing games. (Check your bills for any sign of a Frontier Secure product. They often tack on those services without the customer's knowledge or consent and that can add anywhere from $4.99 to $24.99 onto your monthly bill.) They're just a miserable company to work for, or with. Their stock price is plummeting and they are bleeding subscribers at a franctic pace.

The good news is we're just about a year from the rollout of the new 5G services which promise vastly improved internet speeds and service. The bad news is the big providers (Comcast, Spectrum, Verizon, AT&T, etc.) have pretty much divided up the country and agreed not to compete with one another on pricing. Each will claim part of the country as theirs and you'll be stuck with just one choice for service again.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Frontier is a company that's trying to bankrupt themselves by alienating every customer they have. They tie the hands of their customer service reps and play all kinds of odd billing games. (Check your bills for any sign of a Frontier Secure product. They often tack on those services without the customer's knowledge or consent and that can add anywhere from $4.99 to $24.99 onto your monthly bill.) They're just a miserable company to work for, or with. Their stock price is plummeting and they are bleeding subscribers at a franctic pace.

The good news is we're just about a year from the rollout of the new 5G services which promise vastly improved internet speeds and service. The bad news is the big providers (Comcast, Spectrum, Verizon, AT&T, etc.) have pretty much divided up the country and agreed not to compete with one another on pricing. Each will claim part of the country as theirs and you'll be stuck with just one choice for service again.

Not much good news for my location.  Verizon and AT&T only offer cell service here; neither comcast nor Spectrum service this area at all.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?