Valued Contributor

Re: So excited - We got our son a truck

What a beautiful story.  Happy for all of you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for sharing this sweet story. It made my day. You are one lucky lady to have such a wonderful DH and Son. Cheers to you all!

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak , what a great day for all involved! I bet it was hard to act normal and contain your excitement when he first arrived! 

While having a new vehicle like this is great for so many reasons (newest technology, no worries about it breaking down or needing repairs, etc.) the biggest advantage is that your son will be SO much safer when he’s hauling now.

I had a 1500 Silverado with a nice towing package that I used when I hauled horses in my bumper pull. I never had a problem but I’d always be concerned when going down steep hills that my trailer might start pushing my truck. Last spring I bought a 2500 and wow, what a difference! I have a small gooseneck now and this truck just breezes along like I’m not even hauling! 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

It's purdy!  Smiley Happy

One thing I've been noticing in parking lots and on the streets, when I'm out and about, is that shades of grey seem to be the most popular colors for vehicles these days.

I love greys, especially like this truck and a dark charcoal grey.   I was somewhere recently where almost every vehicle in the lot was a shade of grey. 

@chickenbutt  gray or grey (you mentioned grey and that's the way I spelt it when I spent time in the Caribbean) is the most common color for the outside of houses. I love gray. Light gray on the top and dark gray for the trim.

I just remember that my car is gray. Ok.

@Sage04  Oh my goodness, you reminded me that I actually wanted to do my house with light grey and a deep grey for the trim.   then, one day, the husband comes home with a 5gal can of this browny-yucky-brown paint that he got at Home Depot.

I guess somebody ordered it and changed their mind or something, so he got it on the cheap.   Then I had to figure out something to go with it.  It's a pretty intense brown that kinda sorta has a tiny bit of green if you catch it in the right light.   hated it!  So I ended up with a whitish color for the house.

If that weren't enough, I wanted to do the living room in grays - light gray carpet and dark gray furniture.   Sounded great.

Then he started bringing home freakin' BROWN furniture.  *sigh*   So, I ended up finishing the furniture in a light, kind of toast, brown and have light brown carpet.    

I give up.  If it isn't obvious at this point,  I do NOT like brown.  Now about everything is brown, except my kitchen is in the black with red colors that I like and my office upstairs I did in navy blue and silver (local college colors).

@chickenbutt My mom had some beeautiful drapes one time with brown and gray in the pattern!  Look around and find something in those colors that you like!  It is a wonderful combination that works well!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@qvcfreakHe couldn't buy a truck on his own?

@Cats3000 That's all you got out of this?  Woman Very HappyWoman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@qvcfreak , what a great day for all involved! I bet it was hard to act normal and contain your excitement when he first arrived! 

While having a new vehicle like this is great for so many reasons (newest technology, no worries about it breaking down or needing repairs, etc.) the biggest advantage is that your son will be SO much safer when he’s hauling now.

I had a 1500 Silverado with a nice towing package that I used when I hauled horses in my bumper pull. I never had a problem but I’d always be concerned when going down steep hills that my trailer might start pushing my truck. Last spring I bought a 2500 and wow, what a difference! I have a small gooseneck now and this truck just breezes along like I’m not even hauling! 

Thank you so much @Kalli  Great peace of mind. I don’t know much about hauling but I do feel much better knowing he is safer out there.

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak   This is such a wonderful thing to do for your son who is working very hard toward his goal.  It sounds like the day he received the truck was wonderful.

You will all remember this day and maybe one day he will be able to do the same for his children as they are working toward their career paths.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Awe @Mersha  That would be a wonderful tradition ❤️

Respected Contributor

I'm available for adoption.Woman Wink

Spoiler