Honored Contributor

Re: So excited - We got our son a truck

I, too, hope we get to know how the surprise went.  What a truly awesome surprise!   

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak 

We are all as excited as you are!

Esteemed Contributor

Hope the animals don't keep him from arriving today. Kevin seems so dedicated (and he should be). It's like waiting to hear "it's a boy it's a girl".

Guess I'll continue watching The Andy Griffith Show while I wait.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m here and It couldn’t have gone better.

Kevin arrived and DH took him to the back yard. I text my neighbor to bring the truck out. We have privacy fence so Kevin couldn’t see and didn’t pay much attention.

They came inside and sat at the dining room table. I went to guest bedroom to see if Truck was out. 

DH asks how did the truck run. Kevin said it’s doing better. DH says how about we go look at trucks. Let’s price them and see what’s out there. I said wait, let me throw trash. Kevin says sure.

Then Kevin opens front door, walks out and says Mom Dad, he’s eyes got watery. DH throws him the keys. Kevin turns back it’s mine. You deserve it son. It was so amazing. 

The color is darker than silver but lighter than charcoal gray. It’s called Billet Silver.  He is taking us out to dinner later. It turned out great.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I’m here and It couldn’t have gone better.

Kevin arrived and DH took him to the back yard. I text my neighbor to bring the truck out. We have privacy fence so Kevin couldn’t see and didn’t pay much attention.

They came inside and sat at the dining room table. I went to guest bedroom to see if Truck was out. 

DH asks how did the truck run. Kevin said it’s doing better. DH says how about we go look at trucks. Let’s price them and see what’s out there. I said wait, let me throw trash. Kevin says sure.

Then Kevin opens front door, walks out and says Mom Dad, he’s eyes got watery. DH throws him the keys. Kevin turns back it’s mine. You deserve it son. It was so amazing. 

The color is darker than silver but lighter than charcoal gray. It’s called Billet Silver.  He is taking us out to dinner later. It turned out great.

@qvcfreak   aaaahhhhhhhhhh!! Glad it's over. The wait was driving me crazy!!!

Respected Contributor

Love a happy story! made me tear up!  It's wonderful!

Super Contributor

@hennypenny  Me too! 😢 So happy for your family @qvcfreak !!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak 

You're loving & thoughtful parents.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see your son's expression & comments when he sees his new truck.  It's really a beauty! 

He's worked so hard in his studies & has done great.  He's someone to really be proud of & you're showing him just how much.  I love that he's going to be a vet for the larger animals.

I'll bet your surprise for him this weekend will totally shock him.  He'll love the truck & appreciate it.  Wishing you all a wonderful, joyous weekend.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone, we are so happy and he is beyond thrilled. Dinner was great and just having him home, the 3 of us again is so great. Life is great. Thank you Jesus.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak 

So happy for you and your family.  Glad it went so well and thanks for sharing.  Safe driving to Kevin.  You must keep us updated and his journey to be a vet.