Honored Contributor

Re: So excited - We got our son a truck

It's purdy!  Smiley Happy

One thing I've been noticing in parking lots and on the streets, when I'm out and about, is that shades of grey seem to be the most popular colors for vehicles these days.

I love greys, especially like this truck and a dark charcoal grey.   I was somewhere recently where almost every vehicle in the lot was a shade of grey.  

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

He’s been having trouble with his 1500 since he pulls his trailer with horses and cattle and truck doesn’t have enough power. We weren’t planning on it. We pick it up tomorrow and he’s coming for the weekend and he has no idea.

67CDF19C-EEEF-438C-9B82-7DB7804A4A1D.jpeg

@qvcfreak  Will you adopt me?  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

What a wonderful thing to do.... and add to his safety!!  We've hauled trailers with huge beasts (Suburbans, trucks, etc for over 35 years) after we nearly lost ourselves coming down a mountain pulling a trailer (weighted down), in the rain with a small International Scout!!!  We made it thanks to everyone who saw us cranking back and forth across the lanes and backed up.  DH gained control just at the last minute, saving he and I, our two boys and our little dog.  We (almost) immediately bought a big, heavy and powerful vehicle....  (thank you God!)....,.

Tell him we ALL wish him the very best!!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

What a wonderful thing to do.... and add to his safety!!  We've hauled trailers with huge beasts (Suburbans, trucks, etc for over 35 years) after we nearly lost ourselves coming down a mountain pulling a trailer (weighted down), in the rain with a small International Scout!!!  We made it thanks to everyone who saw us cranking back and forth across the lanes and backed up.  DH gained control just at the last minute, saving he and I, our two boys and our little dog.  We (almost) immediately bought a big, heavy and powerful vehicle....  (thank you God!)....,.

Tell him we ALL wish him the very best!!  

@Q4u  reading your Post made me feel as if I was there with you and family. Everything seems so vivid. Mention mountain, ok. Like you said Thank God!! and I'm glad you said that.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

One thing I've been noticing in parking lots and on the streets, when I'm out and about, is that shades of grey seem to be the most popular colors for vehicles these days.

I love greys, especially like this truck and a dark charcoal grey.   I was somewhere recently where almost every vehicle in the lot was a shade of grey. 

@chickenbutt  gray or grey (you mentioned grey and that's the way I spelt it when I spent time in the Caribbean) is the most common color for the outside of houses. I love gray. Light gray on the top and dark gray for the trim.

I just remember that my car is gray. Ok.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak  is it gray or silver? The house that we flipped last week was silver gray and magenta gray for the trim.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt  gray or grey (you mentioned grey and that's the way I spelt it when I spent time in the Caribbean) is the most common color for the outside of houses. I love gray. Light gray on the top and dark gray for the trim.

@Sage04  Oh my goodness, you reminded me that I actually wanted to do my house with light grey and a deep grey for the trim.   then, one day, the husband comes home with a 5gal can of this browny-yucky-brown paint that he got at Home Depot.

I guess somebody ordered it and changed their mind or something, so he got it on the cheap.   Then I had to figure out something to go with it.  It's a pretty intense brown that kinda sorta has a tiny bit of green if you catch it in the right light.   hated it!  So I ended up with a whitish color for the house.

If that weren't enough, I wanted to do the living room in grays - light gray carpet and dark gray furniture.   Sounded great.

Then he started bringing home freakin' BROWN furniture.  *sigh*   So, I ended up finishing the furniture in a light, kind of toast, brown and have light brown carpet.    

I give up.  If it isn't obvious at this point,  I do NOT like brown.  Now about everything is brown, except my kitchen is in the black with red colors that I like and my office upstairs I did in navy blue and silver (local college colors).

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak  it's Friday. Isn't he there yet?? Ok. My time in Atlanta is 5:58. If you are a few hours behind me, I understand lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Sage04  Oh my goodness, you reminded me that I actually wanted to do my house with light grey and a deep grey for the trim.   then, one day, the husband comes home with a 5gal can of this browny-yucky-brown paint that he got at Home Depot.

I guess somebody ordered it and changed their mind or something, so he got it on the cheap.   Then I had to figure out something to go with it.  It's a pretty intense brown that kinda sorta has a tiny bit of green if you catch it in the right light.   hated it!  So I ended up with a whitish color for the house.

If that weren't enough, I wanted to do the living room in grays - light gray carpet and dark gray furniture.   Sounded great.

Then he started bringing home freakin' BROWN furniture.  *sigh*   So, I ended up finishing the furniture in a light, kind of toast, brown and have light brown carpet.    

I give up.  If it isn't obvious at this point,  I do NOT like brown.  Now about everything is brown, except my kitchen is in the black with red colors that I like and my office upstairs I did in navy blue and silver (local college colors).

@chickenbutt  that is so funny. I can't stop laughing. I always see cans of paint at Home Depot and it seems as if only men are buying them. At least your office is in your color.

I told the Contractors I get to choose the paint so they don't have a choice. But different shades of gray is the in color now.

I'm still laughing, this is funny!! Not laughing at you though.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so into this. I am so excited. It's like waiting in a dark room waiting to say "SURPRISE". I like to surprise people but I don't like to be surprised.

I'm so happy for @qvcfreak, Mr qvcfreak and Kevin.