Esteemed Contributor

Re: So excited-Got a job at Talbot's!

@muttmom wrote:

@KathyPet

As long as you are excited about it, that's the only thing that counts.  A few years ago decided I wanted it a part time job and an employee discount.  It was only after I said yes to the job offer did I learn there were weekends involved. 

I stuck it out for a few months but my husband grew impatient.  We were used to coming and going whenever we wanted.  I missed being able to take off to see our kids and our grandchildren.  We'd planned a trip to Disney with them and the closer the trip got, the more grief I was getting.

Suddenly the employee discount did not seem so great.

I do not want to rain on your parade.  Be sure to know what they expect of you before you say yes.

There probably is not a poster on this board that knows more about Talbot's fashions than you!

Yes I know that retail almost always involves weekends.  IN fact that was what kept me from applying at Talbot's when my husband was alive.  He was working full time so I didn't want to give up my weekends with him.  MY only child and grandchild only live 15 minutes from me so they are easy to get to.  THis Talbot's store is not in a mall but is in a small,freestanding shopping center so they don't keep those late mall hours.

Honored Contributor

Congrats!  There is nothing better for a shopper than to have a sales rep who is wants to work there and loves the merchandise.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Congrats to you!   A good friend of mine worked in our local store until it closed a few years ago.  She enjoyed working there.  I enjoyed shopping there!

Esteemed Contributor

That's great!!! I'm happy for you!!!

Have fun and keep the economy growing!
Honored Contributor

Congrats on your new job! I never heard of Talbots... Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet Congrats! That's wonderful.

Sorry to hear about your husband.

Honored Contributor

Congrats I love Talbots! Our closest one is about 1.5 hrs away but I don't mind the drive (Apple and all high end stores in this plaza).

And I love the sales ladies always so nice & friendly.

Sorry to hear of the passing of husband.

Respected Contributor

I just got my Talbot's catalog yesterday - so many pretty things.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet

I'm happy for you.  It's great when you can do something you really enjoy & get paid for doing it!

Best wishes!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras