Honored Contributor

Re: So excited-Got a job at Talbot's!

@KathyPet Congratulations - I know how much you love their clothes!  Have fun! 

Will you give us your friends & family discount? ; )

Esteemed Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having had worked as a sales person, I can tell you first hand that you will come across customers who will be rude, and demanding, and think that the world revolves around them.

You will quickly learn that the customer is NOT always right.

Customers will want you to break store rules, just for them, and will get mad at you, and blame you when you don't break the rules just for them.

I hope that you will never have to experience that.

Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having had worked as a sales person, I can tell you first hand that you will come across customers who will be rude, and demanding, and think that the world revolves around them.

You will quickly learn that the customer is NOT always right.

Customers will want you to break store rules, just for them, and will get mad at you, and blame you when you don't break the rules just for them.

I hope that you will never have to experience that.

Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy

@Plaid Pants2Well, that was certainly "upbeat encouragement."  Smiley Sad  Smiley Sad  Smiley Sad

@KathyPet  that's great news!  The discount is worth taking the job!   

I'm sure your head will spin with all the various sales rotating in and out all the time - I marvel how the employees can keep whatever deal is going on that day straigth! 

I think working at Talbot's will be a great thing to do to get out of the house!   Good for you!  Let us know how it is - keep us "posted" (pun intended).

Respected Contributor

Aww, that's great news !   I am sure it will be good for you, you will meet a lot of people and the discount will be great !  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I am a huge Talbot's fan.  I have been shopping there for years and almost my entire wardrobe comes from them.  Since my husband died in Feb I have a lot of extra time on my hands so in July I applied for a job at my local,store.  THey had nothing open at the time but I stopped in this morning and the store manager asked me if I was still interested in working there.  OF course I said Yes.  I go in Monday to fill out paperwork and start the following week.  THe pay is not much but I knew that upfront and I really want to just keep busy.   PLus now I get the Talbot's employee discount.  MY entire paycheck will probably go right on my Talbot's charge account.

Congratulations! What a wonderful atmosphere it will be to have a job. I love Talbots.....always have and I have noticed the sales personnel are always so very nice. They are always willing to go the extra mile to please. Even the outlet near me the sales personnel are friendly and helpful. It will be nice to work with people who generally love their job....

Enjoy yourself and once again, congratulations!!

Trusted Contributor

KathyPet, yay for you!!! I hope it will be fun and everything you're hoping it will be. in another lifetime, I worked in talbots and was bored to tears. but then I wasn't a fan of the clothing line. it makes a huge difference if you like what you're selling, so I'm so happy for you. you'll most likely see the new stock before it hits the floor, so don't go nuts! lol! good luck!!!

Respected Contributor

🎈🎈 CONGRATULATIONS!!  🎈🎈 

Good Luck and Have Fun!! And, Happy Shopping! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good for you, @KathyPet!  Maybe you should clean out your closet now so you'll have room for all of your new purchases😊

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mj12 wrote:

@KathyPet Congratulations - I know how much you love their clothes!  Have fun! 

Will you give us your friends & family discount? ; )

DOn't think I can do that but I will post here if I get advance notice of good sales. 

I am wondering if I can set it up to apply my entire paycheck to my Talbot's account.

Thanks for all your encouragement!