Esteemed Contributor

So excited-Got a job at Talbot's!

I am a huge Talbot's fan.  I have been shopping there for years and almost my entire wardrobe comes from them.  Since my husband died in Feb I have a lot of extra time on my hands so in July I applied for a job at my local,store.  THey had nothing open at the time but I stopped in this morning and the store manager asked me if I was still interested in working there.  OF course I said Yes.  I go in Monday to fill out paperwork and start the following week.  THe pay is not much but I knew that upfront and I really want to just keep busy.   PLus now I get the Talbot's employee discount.  MY entire paycheck will probably go right on my Talbot's charge account.

Frequent Contributor

Re: So excited-Got a job at Talbot's!

Good for you!  I also love Talbot's, and buy when stuff is on sale.  Their bi-stretch pants are awesome.  The ladies at my store are so helpful and nice.  Hope you enjoy getting out and working there!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on the new job.  Sounds like you're on your way to a new adventure.  It would be fun to be working at your favorite store.  You'll probably leave most of your paycheck there. LOL.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KathyPet   Congrats on the new job....

Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! Your entusiasm will make you an excellent employee, not to mention how well dressed you will be. Enjoy your discount while recycling your paycheck.

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.”
Honored Contributor

Congrats on your new job! AND your employee discount, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KathyPet  That is good news.  I am also a Talbots fan and would probably give my entire paycheck back to them.  My sympathy on the passing of your husband.

Honored Contributor

Good for you.    As someone more mature I'm sure they will value your life experience and dependability.

Retail can be brutal, with Christmas coming, don't lose your faith in humanity!

Good luck.

@KathyPet wrote:

I am a huge Talbot's fan.  I have been shopping there for years and almost my entire wardrobe comes from them.  Since my husband died in Feb I have a lot of extra time on my hands so in July I applied for a job at my local,store.  THey had nothing open at the time but I stopped in this morning and the store manager asked me if I was still interested in working there.  OF course I said Yes.  I go in Monday to fill out paperwork and start the following week.  THe pay is not much but I knew that upfront and I really want to just keep busy.   PLus now I get the Talbot's employee discount.  MY entire paycheck will probably go right on my Talbot's charge account.

Respected Contributor

ery Re: So excited-Got a job at Talbot's!

Very cool!  Love Talbots!!

Congrats - and enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

Congrats!! Love that store and have shopped to many times to count over the years.  Petite dept. is excellent.  Have fun and do not forget to save a bit of $$ for the grocery store.Woman Wink

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."