Esteemed Contributor

Re: So You Think You Can Dance aka SYTYCD Fans

Great talent, not a stupid reality show, but a decent one.

Honored Contributor

On 5/28/2014 LyndaGee said:

I really like this show! I started watching during Mark and Chelsie's season. They did such a good job with ""Bleeding Love."" I hear he works for Lady Gaga these days.

I LOVED Mark and Chelsie doing ""Bleeding Love"". One of my favorite routines ever!

Respected Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Lotus~ said:

I used the wrong term....popular as the wrong word choice.

It doesn't get the exposure that some of the other reality shows get.....and there doesn't seem to be an audience here.

I think part of the lack of exposure is the fact it is part of Summer TV.....most summer TV shows don't get all the hype that Fall lineups get.

I too love this show....hands down it's the best dance show....those kids dance for their lives everytime they step onto that stage...Mary gets a little under my skin but I've accepted that she is part of the show whether I like it or not.

Honored Contributor

On 5/29/2014 straykatz said:
On 5/28/2014 Lotus~ said:

I used the wrong term....popular as the wrong word choice.

It doesn't get the exposure that some of the other reality shows get.....and there doesn't seem to be an audience here.

I think part of the lack of exposure is the fact it is part of Summer TV.....most summer TV shows don't get all the hype that Fall lineups get.

I too love this show....hands down it's the best dance show....those kids dance for their lives everytime they step onto that stage...Mary gets a little under my skin but I've accepted that she is part of the show whether I like it or not.

I think that dance isn't really huge with everyone and this show is all about real dancers. No one is a celebrity, they're just fabulous dancers who have worked at it for years. You have to be a fan of dance to really stick around with this show. There are no celebrities in it, there's no drama. Just great dance.

I LOVE Mary, I love her passion for dance and she makes me laugh, too.

Trusted Contributor

I love this show. I'm always surprised by the number of fabulous dancers who come from the Salt Lake City area.

I love Mary and Nigel.

Honored Contributor

I also love the variety of choreographers who work with the dancers and the guest judges, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Great show, the best on TV for talent and some of the teachers are from DWTS.

Honored Contributor

Great show...makes me wanna dance...what talent.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I've watched once or twice, the screaming judge is a turn-off for me so I wander over to MasterChef for the summer.

Honored Contributor

I do love this show. I'm captivated by dance, carried away by the music, the brilliance, the magic. My DH and I always attended the Spoleto Festival in Charleston, S.C., every year, and we saw every dance performance we could fit into our schedule. Such sweet memories. Thanks for the reminder, Lotus! I didn't realize the new season was starting.

I watched the early shows and then missed some. Not sure why. There are so many magnificent numbers. One piece I've seen a number of times comes readily to mind:

Hok Konishi and Jaimie – Contemporary (Humming Bird and the Flower)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZJpA9e7cCY&feature=kp

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova