Honored Contributor

So You Think You Can Dance 8/24

Some of last night's performances were amazing.  I was disappointed to see Neptune go as I think he is far more versatile than Megz. 

Gaby and Robert were simply stunning. Mandy Moore is a phenomenal choreographer.  I do believe Gaby deserves to win.  She has not shown a misstep the entire season.

I love Jim and thought the choreography for his and Comfort's dance was terrible.  The judges have told him he needs to connect with his partner, so he's given choreography that has no connection. His solo however was breathtaking.

Paula continues to surprise me with her critiques.

Seeing the all stars only reminds me you do not have to win this show to become a dancing star.

Honored Contributor

Re: So You Think You Can Dance 8/24

I agree with most of this. I was also sad to see Neptune go. Gaby is one of my favorites and I hope she's a winner.

I think Jim is an amazing dancer, but he doesn't have that extra something that will make him a star. He and Derrick are both technically excellent and seem like very nice young men, but they're also very forgettable.

Both Paula and Jason have gotten much better with their critiques since the auditions. During the auditions, I was very unimpressed. I felt that Paula just told people how beautiful they were and Jason just repeated everything Paula said. They've both become more helpful and honest since then.

Contributor

I have really been enjoying the show since they switched to the all format.  Gabby is also my favorite.  She is a beautiful dancer.  Jim is an amazing technician, but he never seems to connect to his partner.  To me his dancing is always a performance and somehow lacks the human element.  Last night the choreography was against him.  I also would have rather seen Megz go and Neptune stay for another week.  My choice for the final four would have to be Gabby, Virgil, Ja-Ja, and Hailee.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gaby really is the total package.  On the SYTYCD site there are photos of her dance.  In every one you can feel the extension through her toes and fingers.  Her facial expressions are so telling.  She is one the best contestants ever.

I've grown tired of Virgil's little routines.  Megz should have departed weeks ago.  I honestly do not think she's that great in her own style. Her solos aren't all that great.

Paula is the best and most knowledgeable judge. I did not watch the tryouts so cannot compare her judging.  Now she doesn't just mush and gush.  She gives constructive criticism without an ounce of meanness. 

Jason is better than I thought he would be.  Based on some of his comment, sometimes I feel he was daydreaming and missed the performance.

I will be sorry to see this series end.