Honored Contributor

Re: So, Who Assassinated JFK?

I remember the tragedy of this whole weekend in 1963 including seeing Oswald shot before my eyes in real time while being transferred to another jail. I watched the beyond-sad funeral and little John-John salute his father.

Thus I am appalled by some of the graphics on this thread which are terribly disrespectful to this national tragedy and are absolutely not the least bit funny.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I remember the tragedy of this whole weekend in 1963 including seeing Oswald shot before my eyes in real time while being transferred to another jail. I watched the beyond-sad funeral and little John-John salute his father.

Thus I am appalled by some of the graphics on this thread which are terribly disrespectful to this national tragedy and are absolutely not the least bit funny.

@Pearlee   I believe what you are referring to was in response to some far fetched ideas posters were putting out there and not the subject matter of the thread.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@this is my nic I have zero to base my thoughts on, but since I was a young adult, I have wondered about the role Johnson played -- or at least what he knew. He just has a guilty face. 

Seriously???????  I hope that you are not chosen for jury duty any time soon.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

I have always believed it was a conspiracy.  Maybe Mob or Cuba related, who knows.   No way IMO did Oswald carry out this assassination.  Oswald may have belonged to an organization involved in the assassination and used as a "patsy"  then there is Jack Ruby.  How was he able to kill Oswald.  There is a massive coverup and we will never know the true circumatances.

Dorothy Kilgallen was working on an expose when she supposedly died of accidental overdose and then there was James Garrison, District Attorney who was also investigating the assassination and believed in a conspiracy,  He arrested Clay Shaw.  I also would not be surprised if Lyndon Johnson had a hand in this.  So many possibilities other than the single shooter.

I was so disappointed when the Warren Report was published.  I thought at last we will know what truly happened.  Nothing but a coverup - didn't believe a word of it.  I sort of lost some faith in truth and justice after that report.

Honored Contributor

I've watched so many shows over the years about the assassination, and one show mentioned a theory that I'd never considered ......  that there was some huge rift or business problem with Joe Kennedy Sr (JFK's father) and some underworld figures, and they got even with him by killing JFK.   

I guess it's plausible, and a lot still went on behind the scenes during that era ......  I just can't believe  it was just one shooter who was conveniently killed the next day.   Yeah, right.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha. I know what they were referring to but I stand by my post. They are disrespectful and extremely inappropriate in addition to being juvenile.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's pretty clear that Lee Harvey Oswald fired the shots. For those who say the one bullet moved in an odd fashion, look back at a PBS Nova that featured the shooting. In that show, they showed how the people involved were positioned at that moment. Those who say the bullet moved oddly assume everyone was seated and facing forward when in fact the governor was turned in his seat and the president was also oddly positioned and the bullet moved in a pretty normal fashion when you consider the body positions of those involved at the moment the bullet was fired. We have the Zapruder film showing their exact positions at the time. It's not a guess or estimate. It can be very accurately recreated.

Why Oswald did it is open to speculation. Was he just a crazy communist who wanted to make a name for himself? Maybe. Was he prompted to do the killing? Maybe. Was he ordered to do the killing? Maybe again. Was he paid to do the killing? Maybe. We just don't know. He was killed before he could talk much. Why? To silence him? Maybe. What did Oswald say in the two days between the shooting of JFK and Oswald getting shot? Maybe Jack Ruby was just very angry with Oswald and struck out against him. Ruby wasn't exactly a professional assassin. He shot Oswald in the abdomen instead of the chest or head where a gunshot was more likely to be fatal. He was fortunate that Oswald's injuries were in fact, life-ending. Gunshot wounds to the abdomen aren't always fatal.

The sixties were only second to our current days in terms of division. Lots of rhetoric was flying around and many people were motivated to do things that were outside the norm. We saw the same type of rhetoric and inflammatory statements lead to the Steve Scalise shooting. I'd hoped the rhetoric would die down after the Scalise shooting, instead it's increased. Lee Harvey Oswald was not an especially stable young man. There are a lot of similar people out there on the streets today. History tends to repeat itself and I fear it will again. We clearly haven't learned from our history. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It was the first time in my life   i realized there was evil in our world, i remember where i was , and my parents being upset, as to  if the mob,or other countries had their  dirty dealings in this ,all is speculation, we will never know.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@Cakers3 Here's the problem with that theory. It was the 60s. Everyone smoked.... Woman LOL 

@jeanlake   Somebody (not you) has panties all in a knot but if that set of episodes had actually been watched the X_FIles and the JFK assasination storyline actually matched the conspiracies being thrown around here.

No more off base than all the documentaries, books, movies, editorials and all the other suggestions out there.

The smoking man merely represented a consolidation of the people suspected of doing the actually killing besides Oswald.  It was produced to THINK about other theories, not just close the case with Oswald.

Yeesh. 

And he was my favorite character, too.Woman Tongue

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

I don't know other than Oswald. If he acted alone or with others we just don't know. None of this is funny. If you were alive on 11-22-63 I am sure that there is nothing funny or joke worthy about who killed President Kennedy. My father always held Texas responsible. 

As a Texan I disagree. Someone wanted him dead and I think it was those in our gov't.

@croemer  Oh now c'mon.  You know as well as I that Texas holds the sole blame for everything wrong in this world.  (tongue-in-cheek)

psst:  Whatburger was bought out by some company in Chicago.  There goes the burgers.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh