Respected Contributor

Re: So, Who Assassinated JFK?

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

If it was oswald ,alone what was in it for him?

What was in it for John Hinkly Jr?

Or Squeaky Fromm?

Or Sirhan Sirhan?

Or Charles Whitman?

Or Stephen Paddock?

Or the many other people who've decided to shoot someone?

In so many cases we never know the reasons, but in this case, somehow we have to have a reason.

Some people aren't well and shoot other people for reasons only they will ever know. They act alone, they have their own warped reasons. It happens more often now than ever, yet we're still so concerned with this one case as if Oswald is somehow different and couldn't possibly have just bee one more crazy guy with a gun.

I think what may be the difference is that Kennedy was not well loved in Dallas at the time.  It is weird that the entire route was not secured by the secret service and the fbi.  Dallas was almost a small town so to speak at the time.  And later to have Jack Ruby knock off Oswald was unbelievable.  And Jack R. had known mob associations.  Never have i heard an explanation of why he did what he did.  Makes no sense unless the mob wanted to keep Oswald quiet.  Maybe it's because i am a Texan, but i never thought Johnson was involved.  But i doubt that Oswald was the lone gunman.  We will never know.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

Since the very beginning I have believed Lyndon Johnson was responsible.  No, he didn't pull the trigger, but could have easily made it known he wanted Kennedy gone.  After reading Robert Caro's three books about LBJ, I am convinced Johnson was behind the assasination. 

@this is my nic  Me too!  I live in DC suburbs and watched LBJ during his years....the only good thing that came from him while he was in office was Lady Bird's Pedernales River Chili recipe!

I mean, there's also the Civil Rights Act of 1964. But sure... chili is also good.

@Alison Wonderland, I'm sure that there are people who have never forgiven him for that. Here is a summary of his programs, some that are still with us today; others that unfortunately didn't come to fruition:

Soon after taking office, Johnson declared a “War on Poverty.” He actively pushed Congress to pass legislation attacking illiteracy, unemployment and racial discrimination.

... Johnson introduced a slate of new reforms that he said would build a “Great Society” for all Americans.

His ambitious legislative agenda created the Medicare and Medicaid programs to provide federal health insurance for elderly and poor Americans. It also included measures aimed at improving education, preventing crime and reducing air and water pollution.

Johnson also made great strides in attacking racial discrimination by signing the historic Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965. His wide-reaching achievements improved the lives of millions of Americans and contributed to economic growth and prosperity.

history.com

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Image result for elvis is alive

And Elvis is alive!  Bless the internet.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Looks like Lee Majors in the left photo!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Looks like Lee Majors in the left photo!

Well, Elvis did have a twin.  An entirely new conspiracy theory.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I believe the secret society/conspiracy JFK talked about was a reference to the Soviets and communism.
Esteemed Contributor

@golding76  This has been Zaprudered over and over again. They got it right.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Forbidden Fruit wrote:

@Somertime 

Interestingly, Joe Kennedy , Sr was also a bootlegger during the prohibition. Made tons of $$$.

The mob also owned the bar where the secret service was drinking the night before.  Their front man for the business--Jack Ruby!

Joseph Kennedy, Sr  Also paid big bucks for his ambassadorship in England, and is thought to have ‘red’ interests.

I see the train of thought, but just don’t think it was LBJ, although he surely did have presidential ambitions.

@porcelain

I’ve thought and read about this, as many others have.  I enjoy thinking about the various thoughts and conclusions that intelligent women have reached.  Don’t see any craziness.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Respected Contributor

Omg. Tin foil hat time.