Super Contributor

Re: So When did you become a QVC Shopper?

About 1989

mrshckynut 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like some others, I started watching QVC when it purchased CVN which I had been watching occasionally.  I swear that Joan Rivers paired with Kathy Levine could sell me anything.  I also loved watching the scrapbook shows with David Venable and Lisa Bearnson.  

I stopped watching QVC when hosts started yammering at you with high-pressure selling techniques.  The new hosts would never describe the qualities and specifications of the products.  They would just talk drivel about their families, their gift closet, the great deal to be had, but never much about the actual product itself.

I still check in online to see what is being offered and I still purchase items, but I cannot stand to watch the shows.

Honored Contributor

Ya  know,  on their anniversary from day  1, during that week, they should show some of the first shows they presented, with their first hosts and models.  Those snipits would be fun to see. "Memory Lane"

Esteemed Contributor

I believe 1995.
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes : 1987, really enjoyed Mary Beth, Tfal cookware. The TSV was two sets. I and a friend needed new cookware. I watched all of the cooking shows. I don't purchase as much now. Do not watch QVC but research stuff on line. Back then the TSV were a great deal.

Honored Contributor

I watched back in early years it was on but after my dh passed away in 1993.

I was lonely and soi watched more and started buying jewelry...anyone one else remember Judith Jacks Marcasite jewelry?

I started buying jewelry for myself  and my daughter....

I also remember hearing callers talking about the QVC Community  and one day scrolled down the page and found  it listed...

No computer back then and had to call my order in by phone...no cell phone back then either...lol

I have seen many venders come and go  and same with hosts.

Remenber when the Q traveled different states to audition people to become hosts ?

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

Many years ago,saw a lot of great hosts through these years.Certainly today it's just not the same!

Honored Contributor

The very first time I ordered something was probably in the early 2000's. We had moved, and I couldn't find anyplace that had the good selection of Birkenstocks I was used to. We had stores not far away, but they just carried a few of the basics, and I already had them. I Googled and found QVC. I'd never heard of it, but I found pages and pages of Birkenstocks. I ordered 4 pairs.

I didn't order anything else, or pay attention to QVC, until about 2006, when I watched for the first time. It was Saturday and everyone was gone. DH and DS were camping with the cub scouts. DD was at a friend's home. I was cleaning. I took a break, sat on the edge of the ottoman, and turned the TV on.

I  started flipping through channels, and Laura Geller was presenting Pink Grapefruit Blush & Brighten. I had never watched QVC before. Then Mally came on with her Starlight liners. I ordered both, and I was hooked!  Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

I started watching QVC in June 1994, which is when I also became a customer.  My first purchases were at that time; a Diamonique pendant (round cut with a baguette on top) set in 14K yellow gold and Diamonique studs, also set in 14K yellow gold. Back then all the Diamonique items were set in 14K gold. Both of my items were presented by Kathy Levine, a true professional then and now. I still have the pendant and earrings, which still look great today.