Honored Contributor

Re: So Over Celebrities in General....

I think we live in a time where the loudest is heard.....not the majority...the loudest.

Valued Contributor

I’ll never understand how any autonomous human being and free American would let anyone else’s opinion influence her own. Stop giving your time and energy to things which you feel are negatively effecting you. You have that choice.

Honored Contributor

In my youth, I loved reading "movie magazines" -- like "Modern Screen", etc.  Now I have no interest in  the celebrities--not their lives, their political views, where they eat, where they travel, etc.  I am so tired of QVC and other programs pushing items that are "a favorite of 'Oprah' which is just another sales tactic.   I quit watching the awards shows ( which I never missed years ago) because I no longer know anyone who presents or receives awards.

Honored Contributor

News flash, they are famous because people pay attention to them, read the articles, and buy their wares. There are opinions stated on this forum that I’m opposed to, and I have learned to avoid certain posters, I suggest you do the same and save yourself needless angst.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think people like to live out their fantasies through these celebs and will defend much of what they think and do.IMO the very rich and famous in general are most times given a free pass on just about anything. I personally have never been an idol worshipper, especially at the alter of actors and musicians.

Nor do I idolize them, @blackhole99 . But they have the right to speak. I bet both you and I agree with some of them. :                                                                                                                                                                                                                 @suzyQ3  I'm not saying they don't have a right to speak their minds, but evidently at least the OP is sick of hearing from them. After all they do have the stage and unless we want to turn off the TV we are subjected to their views no matter if we agree with them or not.

Valued Contributor

We get celebrities (apparently) coming to my small town frequently. People will ask: "did you see so and so?". My usual response is: "who?" 

I watch movies, etc...but I don't know who these people are in real life, nor do I care. I certainly couldn't care less about what they say in politics.

The only time I'd say it affects me at all is when they are here at the Q hawking stuff...but even then, I just turn the channel..I won't buy stuff endorsed by a celebrity unless it's really something I like. More likely I won't even tune in though

Trusted Contributor

You can throw in 'O' too.

Honored Contributor

A celebrity* endorsement is a sure way to get me to ignore a product.  And their political opinions are of no interest to me.   An absolute turn-off!  

Along the same vein .. I have no interest in knowing what they are wearing in Los Angeles - or anywhere else for that matter.   And telling my "everyone is wearing this" is another sure way to trigger my "ignore" gene.

* Celebrity:  someone who is famous for being ffamous.

Honored Contributor

Funny, just about the most popular forum on here is...TV and Movies!  Why is that? I would think many of you wouldn’t go to the movies or watch tv. Celebrities you know. Why subject yourselves to them?

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think people like to live out their fantasies through these celebs and will defend much of what they think and do.IMO the very rich and famous in general are most times given a free pass on just about anything. I personally have never been an idol worshipper, especially at the alter of actors and musicians.

Nor do I idolize them, @blackhole99 . But they have the right to speak. I bet both you and I agree with some of them. :                                                                                                                                                                                                                 @suzyQ3  I'm not saying they don't have a right to speak their minds, but evidently at least the OP is sick of hearing from them. After all they do have the stage and unless we want to turn off the TV we are subjected to their views no matter if we agree with them or not.

Yes, like many politicians.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan