Honored Contributor

Re: So I ordered one of those DNA/Genetic tests...

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt  I never knew my great grandfather but he was a concrete man for the city of Philadelphia.  As far as I know no one was ever put in the cement but the man had 18 kids, mostly girls.  I'm sure it didn't take much to set him off.   Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy 

@Laura14

LOL!!!

We were always a bit concerned about the Italian side because we heard rumors spread by my grandmother and great aunts about certain relatives and shady and suspcious deals some 2nd and 3rd cousins were involved in...Thank God they were not people my immediate family associated with.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt  I never knew my great grandfather but he was a concrete man for the city of Philadelphia.  As far as I know no one was ever put in the cement but the man had 18 kids, mostly girls.  I'm sure it didn't take much to set him off.   Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy 

@Laura14

LOL!!!

We were always a bit concerned about the Italian side because we heard rumors spread by my grandmother and great aunts about certain relatives.....and shady deals  some 2nd and 3rd cousins were involved in...Thank God they were not people my immediate family associated with.........

@Spurt  We've got those stories too including a justifiable homicide back in the old country.  I love it.  I just share it with anyone who keeps ticking me off and can't take a hint.  Concrete and murder are in my blood.  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Spurt  My paternal family (several generations ago) owned and operated Trunk Factories. Someone published our entire class roster with pictures for the 50th Class Reunion. Of course that included my maiden name. Within six months I had numerous emails about strangers antique trunks! The first few I responded with the history of my great-grandfather, his education, marriage and family, and the status as a founding father of the community. Many wanted to now the values of their trunks. An Aunt had left one for me in her Will, but I put it in the auction for her estate instead. Thus, only my sister has a family trunk! The ________ Trunk Factory has been out of business for generations. The value would be whatever a buyer would pay, I guess. After responding kindly and in full to many people, I stopped being to free with family history. I now just provide the Truck Factory history and explain they need to have their trunk appraised! Why didn't I do that in the first place? LOL  (And why would any Class Reunion post everyone's names? Someone was brain-dead! Oh well.)   

@BirkiLady

That's scary...you would think with all the stories on the news about identity theft and privacy issues, they'd go with first names only for the Class Reunion........But that's how naive some people are---sadly my sister is one of those....Im constantly warning her about the latest scams, when it came out about the Facebook privacy violations, her comment was, "I am very careful about the friends I chose for my Facebook page and none of them would do anything like that".....I had to tell her it was FACEBOOK that gave her personal info away to other companies...SMH! Woman Tongue..She's an intelligent woman, and her age is not one of the stereo types that the scammers are aiming for....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14

LOL!!!

We were always a bit concerned about the Italian side because we heard rumors spread by my grandmother and great aunts about certain relatives.....and shady deals  some 2nd and 3rd cousins were involved in...Thank God they were not people my immediate family associated with.........

@Spurt  We've got those stories too including a justifiable homicide back in the old country.  I love it.  I just share it with anyone who keeps ticking me off and can't take a hint.  Concrete and murder are in my blood.  Smiley LOL

@Laura14

Oh Oh..."concrete and murder" I will be treating you with kid gloves from now on..... Smiley Happy Smiley Wink.....

After the Godfather movies came out we always joked around with people that they "better watch out, or the family would pay them a visit".........LOL

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  High five!  I send Al Pacino's face to anyone who doesn't back off or post it online when they are being difficult.  Works like a charm.  

@BirkiLady  I stopped being on FB with my real name.  It has worked wonders so far and I love it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt  High five!  I send Al Pacino's face to anyone who doesn't back off or post it online when they are being difficult.  Works like a charm.  

@BirkiLady  I stopped being on FB with my real name.  It has worked wonders so far and I love it.  

@Laura14

LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14

LOL!!!!

@Spurt  Feel free to share.  Smiley Wink

AlPacino.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

This is what makes me mad about some employers and charitable organizations....they REQUIRE you to give them your social media info and require you to use your real name...... I understand they want to make sure as your employer that you arent saying something inappropriate about the company that is paying your salary, and charities want to make sure everything is on the up and up since you are representing their organization....but it does present the employee and charity volunteer with privacy conerns.  While you can decline to volunteer with a charity that has requirements that you are uncomfortable with.   You can't do that with your employer..........

Trusted Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

After my friend found out her father was not her biological father through one of these tests, I’m now not surprised by the disclaimers. 

No surprises for me though when I did one.  

how did she react when she found out? was it some deep, dark family secret?

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14

LOL!!!!

@Spurt  Feel free to share.  Smiley Wink

AlPacino.jpg

@Laura14

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif