Honored Contributor

Re: So I bought a paint by number.

'Get a load out of this':

I have a beautiful, colorful large parrot paint- by- numbers kit that I bought back in 2009; maybe even earlier.

Haven't opened it yet.

What the heck is wrong with me?

Here I have had plenty of time to paint this beautiful parrot, and still haven't even started.

Thanks for prompting me to give it a try !!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

You should try Diamond Dots kits too!

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan @I bought one too! It came the other day and I haven't started it yet buts it's pretty pink tulips and I hope to do a nice job so I can hang it up in the house. My father is a painter and I want to create something too even if it's spelled out for me.

Contributor

I gave mine away to my Grandaughter who is actually painting it. I couldn't,t or wouldn't have the patience.  I purchased on line last year.  It was a Parisian street scene. It had just finished raining and the Eiffel Tower is in the.background. Paris is my fav city and hubby took me twice, once was for my50th birthday and we are at Eiffel Tower. Hope yours brings back some memories for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

Now that brings back memories.   What a great idea, I think Lindsay and I would love to do that together.  Although she is an accomplished artist which I am not,  she might want to humor me, and agree to do it.  Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I had forgotten all about those things!  How wonderful!  I absolutely loved doing these.  I'm sure my mother probably loved them too as it kept us occupied for quite some time!  I think that's great that you are doing that.  I have no artistic talent at all but when I used to do these, it made me feel like I was creating something beautiful!!  Enjoy 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I painted a lot of paint by numbers in the 50s at the kitchen table. My favorite was of 2 beagles which my mom hung in the family room. 

I also did a lot of tile ceramics little dishes, ash trays etc. I made those loop pot holders. These were all fun times for me!

Trusted Contributor

I considered ordering some as retirememnt is right around the corner and I remember them as being very fun.  Right now I am doing adult coloring books with colored pencils. They are no masterpieces but they are fun to do.  I did my christmas cards that way one year and they were so fun.  Every card was a little different.  

I hope you have a wonderful time with it.

Honored Contributor

When my FIL lived with us he painted many of these. I didn’t realize how many until he died. I do have a few framed and hung in the guest room and rec room. There is a huge one of the Titanic. I don’t have the heart to throw all of them away.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

What fun!  What kind of paint do you use?  Watercolors?    Please post a pic of your creation when it's done.

I got mine off of Amazon. They have a lot to choose from. I got a porch scene with a rocking chair and a dog sitting on the porch. 😊