Honored Contributor

So I Don't Do It Again (regarding a removed post)

Posted an image of a jacket and it was removed because:

"This thread has been removed by QVC because the photos contain live links to an external retailer."

I didn't post any link and I don't get how the photo contained a live link, unless I'm blind and didn't see it. 

QVC Customer Care

Re: So I Don't Do It Again (regarding a removed post)

@rms1954 

When you click on the photos, it takes me to the retailer. I am sure you did not do it on purpose.

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC Oh, OK.  Thanks.  I wasn't aware of that.  Thanks.  I'll be more careful.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954. The link was somehow embedded in the photo.  I noticed before I opened your post thst the "link" symbol was listed.  I looked for a link but couldn't find one.  Never occured to me to click on the picture.  Something new.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rms1954. The link was somehow embedded in the photo.  I noticed before I opened your post thst the "link" symbol was listed.  I looked for a link but couldn't find one.  Never occured to me to click on the picture.  Something new.

I had to ask cuz it was driving me crazy.  I know better than to post a link.  We learned something new!

Honored Contributor

Those link removals don't make any sense to me. QVC should focus more on customer service and timely delivery instead of innocent links.

Honored Contributor

@Auntieg. I certainly don't blame QVC for not wanting to promote/advertise for its competitors by having links to their products on the QVC forums. Mod Beth was just doing her job by enforcing terms of use and she even did that so kindly to the OP too. I think it's nice of QVC to even allow us to discuss its competitors' products here. I'm not going to diss QVC for taking off the links to competitors.
Esteemed Contributor

I found it interesting that it's apparently okay here in the QVC forums to post links to products at HSN, so some links to other retailers are allowed as long as it's affiliated with QVC in some way.  Initially, I thought this rule applied to all other websites, but there are exceptions.

Honored Contributor

Ooops that is @AuntG. My phone won't let me edit posts or I'd fix that
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I found it interesting that it's apparently okay here in the QVC forums to post links to products at HSN, so some links to other retailers are allowed as long as it's affiliated with QVC in some way.  Initially, I thought this rule applied to all other websites, but there are exceptions.

it is okay now @wildcat fan  because qvc and hsn, along with a few other companies are now sisters. they are all owned by the parent company. that is why you see their direct links on the qvc homepage.

prior to the acquistion, hsn links were not allowed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein