Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday was my birthday and today pass for license and Rea! I D.

I studied since Jan. Because my test was suppose to be  April, because of virus, cancelled.  Had another appt. for today.

When I went today, they said no test.  Because of virus, they are passing.  I studied so much, I could have written the book,, so I,m sure I would have passed.  I gave passport and SS# all that was needed for real ID.  What a good BD present.  So relaxed finally.

Honored Contributor

Re: So Happy. Got my new D/L .

I live in N.J. & have yet been notified I need a real ID.  Not surprised as N.J. was still using "paper" drivers license up until a few years ago. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I live in N.J. & have yet been notified I need a real ID.  Not surprised as N.J. was still using "paper" drivers license up until a few years ago. Smiley Tongue

@Mz iMac  You need one by Oct.1,2021. I don't think they notify you.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mz iMac, I don't think that states are notifying people. I do know that the date by which you need to have one, unless you want to use your passport for traveling within the country, was pushed forward because of the virus.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mz iMac, I don't think that states are notifying people. I do know that the date by which you need to have one, unless you want to use your passport for traveling within the country, was pushed forward because of the virus.

@suzyQ3  That's what I'm doing. Using passport.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ, that is certainly an option. I needed to renew so went with the Real ID.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ, that is certainly an option. I needed to renew so went with the Real ID.

@suzyQ3  Here in my county in NY it is a nightmare as to what documents you need,etc. My regular license I can renew by mail. So passport it is for me.

Respected Contributor

DMV lines are hours long.  Friend went early in day was about 10th in line and was there over 3_hours.  Yikes.

I read where new driver had idea to start business having his friends wait in line for hire.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Mz iMac  You need one by Oct.1,2021. I don't think they notify you.

@proudlyfromNJ  Thanks.  I thought N.J. had until Oct 1, 2020.  Glad I have some time.  In the meantime, I will use my passport even though I plan on not flying anywhere until there is a vaccine. Smiley Tongue

N.J. DMV in my county is horrendous due to the document point system they have.  I have to pack my breakfast, lunch & dinner.  It's an all day adventure.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition   I"m glad everything went well for you, but I dont understand what had to be passed?  You studied for a written test?  For the new license I believe proper identification needs to be shown along with the old license.  I guess I am not understanding your post.

I have a passport so I can use that.  Will avoid going to Motor Vehicles for as long as possible.  I had to fly in May.  Didn't want to but it was the only option.