Respected Contributor

So Glad St. Paddy’s Day Programming is Back in a Bigger Way Again This Year

[ Edited ]

I am enjoying all the programing this year, tempted on some items I don't need as I already have many items from previous years, that I'm wearing today (and I'm not one iota Irish! lol...but I always get in the spirit), and I appreciate the craftsmanship and stories. Ireland is on my bucket list.

I have missed a lot of it, but it's been on in the background...and I just sat down to watch Jayne and Pat. 

I love the place they are filming from, love that this year, QVC has returned to a steady stream of it all day. The recent years where they just had a few hours then other programming, then a few more hours, then other programming was just never the same. Too disjointed to really feel like their usual all day celebration. 

I always liked the way the steady programming on St. Pat's day transported us...especially this year when we all could use some "vicarious transporting" away.

I hope QVC decides to continue this again from now on...they only pivoted away from it the last few years and it was never as good. ☘️💚

Esteemed Contributor

Re: So Glad St. Patty’s Day Programming is Back in a Bigger Way Again This Year

I feel the same.  Though I was out and have only been home about an hour I am loving the show and items.  And that castle they are filming from, that was a great idea.  I am fortunate to have visited Ireland and Scotland (I am Scottish) twice and saw so many castels over there, they are spectacular.  I love the sweaters too, though I did stop myself from purchasing the TSV, which is so pretty.   I have several Aran sweaters already but Pat has a show coming up with more of them, I might lose control!!  

Enjoy Smiley Happy @amyb 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

I feel the same.  Though I was out and have only been home about an hour I am loving the show and items.  And that castle they are filming from, that was a great idea.  I am fortunate to have visited Ireland and Scotland (I am Scottish) twice and saw so many castels over there, they are spectacular.  I love the sweaters too, though I did stop myself from purchasing the TSV, which is so pretty.   I have several Aran sweaters already but Pat has a show coming up with more of them, I might lose control!!  

Enjoy Smiley Happy @amyb 

I hear ya...I love AC sweaters too. I am wearing my favorite today, and have one other. I've been eyeballing a few as well, lol...

The TSV which I only just checked out was aleady out of my size in petite...so...that saved me there. It is pretty, but there are many other pretty ones, one or two  that are tempting me. They are great sweaters, and timeless.

Enjoy @LindaSal ☘️

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb  I am loving the programming too! If I didn't have to do a few errands earlier, I would not have moved from the sofa! Hahaha! The videos from Ashford Castle are beautiful and nicely break up the descriptions of the items for sale. The prices of the sweaters are very reasonable. I remember spending nearly $100. for an Aran sweater in Ireland back in the 1970s. It may have been because of the dollar to punt exchange. 

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you're enjoying the programming.  I find this day to be the most uninteresting assortment of presentations, with no interest in anything shown.  I pass on the whole day. Just my opinion.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love the St Patricks shows and happy its 24 hours! 

We are playing a game here, taking a drink everytime Emma from Aran Crafts says "UM" 

Valued Contributor

St. Paddy's or St Patrick's .... never "Patty" Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss the Irish music, Irish dancing, the Irish cafe scene, and the liveliness of previous St. Patrick Days on QVC.  They have so cut down on this showing.  I miss that funny Walsh guy with his hat but I went to the Q store and found his dvd on Ireland which I ordered.  QVC even forgot this:

green logo.png

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tennpal15 wrote:

St. Paddy's or St Patrick's .... never "Patty" Smiley Very Happy

Lol...well, as I said, I have not an ounce of Irish in me (I always thought it was just short for Patrick, so it'd be a t, but I've seen Paddy's also), just wasn't thinking...duly noted and corrected! 😂 ☘️

Esteemed Contributor

@newname0 Hahaha! Totally forgot about the green Q! But Mr. Walsh has been on several times. No hat though. Must be the Ashford Castle influence.