Honored Contributor

Re: So Frustrated By Pandemic Price Gouging

I would make a big fuss,and speak to manager, that is just not right,anyone taking it all.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

@Pearlee   Yes, my fingers got away from me!  :-)

Yes, it is frustrating that they are not imposing the limits but I think some of it may be a safety issue for their associates so they don't have to engage in a confrontation. The guy that I mentioned is "agressively" clearing the shelves - he's going in there knowing what he's looking for and grabbing it. There is definitely a market for these products, even at the inflated prices and that just makes me mad....and sad. See below for a couple of listing examples....

Goughing.JPGGoughing.JPG 

Wow, in addition to those inflated prices, look at the shipping costs. I don’t know why anyone would pay that. 

Respected Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

Yes, it is frustrating that they are not imposing the limits but I think some of it may be a safety issue for their associates so they don't have to engage in a confrontation. The guy that I mentioned is "agressively" clearing the shelves - he's going in there knowing what he's looking for and grabbing it. There is definitely a market for these products, even at the inflated prices and that just makes me mad....and sad. See below for a couple of listing examples....

Goughing.JPGGoughing.JPG 

Wow, in addition to those inflated prices, look at the shipping costs. I don’t know why anyone would pay that. 

Perhaps people "aggressively clear shelves" do so to sell off market: blackmarket, online, etc. Most stores I visit put limits on how many items you can purchase at one time.

Trusted Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

Goughing.JPGGoughing.JPG 

Perhaps people "aggressively clear shelves" do so to sell off market: blackmarket, online, etc. Most stores I visit put limits on how many items you can purchase at one time.

@ahoymate But even if someone bought six and paid that price, they’d have to sell it at a higher price to make a profit. As it is, each can is just over $28.00. That’s crazy. 

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

What did people use before Lysol spray and Clorox wipes?

To disinfect, Lysol spray requires you to preclean the hard surface, then completely cover with spray and leave on for 3 minutes and allow to air dry. So if the stuff is evaporating before 3 minutes elapses, you'd have to respray. To deal with noroviruses, the dwell time is 10 minutes. Both require air drying, so wiping the stuff off is a no-no. Personally, I would sooner use a bleach solution and rinse off and dry with clean paper towels. But I mention Lysol's disinfecting protocol because I think it's unlikely that  many people are following it. Hence, their surfaces are not being truly disinfected.

For Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, the dwell time is even longer:

• Wipe surface to be disinfected.
  • Keep surface wet for 4 minutes.
  • Let surface dry.
  • For highly soiled surfaces, clean excess dirt first.

The Clorox website tells you how to make your own disinfecting solution. Google "How to Make Your Own Disinfecting Solution with Clorox Bleach" for the guide.

edited to correct idiotic typos

@noodleann 

LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The sign says two or whatever.  I think the cashiers are afraid to confront people.  My prayer is these people get stuck with a lot of product.

Respected Contributor

I agree no one should Fill their cart with a scarce itim BUT....My take on 'LIMIT X" is,  it is "X' per Person./transaction.  If I am a person and my housemate is a person Is it Not fair that each of us get our portion of the limit if we go through individually?

This does not assume multiple trips each  through the register.

Honored Contributor

When the pandemic first started and we hadn't yet heard anything about wearing masks, I thought I'd go on line and see if I could find some as I was feeling where this might go.  I found 3-ply surgical blue masks and I paid a seller on eBay $15.00 for 300 masks!!!  Needless to say I'm having a problem with the prices I'm finding out there, ex:  15 masks for $17.00.....

Eventually my supply will be gone, (last box of 50) and will need to buy more..... I've resigned myself to the fact that "everyone" wants their money moment out there... Woman Tongue  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Since you have not had trouble finding these items for yourself and friends, I wouldn't worry about one guy clearing the shelves. 
There are some people who will always try to beat the system, but it isn't worth my energy to worry about it.

No one HAS to buy them from EBay.

Honored Contributor

@Q4u. Just saw boxes of 50 3-ply disposable ones for $11-and-change at Sam's Club.
I do understand your point though, and great find you got.