Honored Contributor

Re: So Few Funny or Interesting Things Allowed Here

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Juniebugz  If you're trying to say I ignored the standards, I think you're wrong about that.  I didn't post any links, pictures or inappropriate content.  Besides, a good portion of the threads here are just people complaining anyway.  I was just trying to start a thread people would get a chuckle out of.

You started a thread about a nude person simulating a lewd act on a dead sea creature. Told everyone how to find the still image and "action video" lol.

Link or no that's not gonna fly here and you're naive to think it would. (No I didn't report it btw so please don't go there.)

I've never seen a video on the subject and didn't know there was one until someone mentioned it.  All I said was that I had a bizarre experience when I went to Google a restaurant.  I guess it's no secret who clicked on report.  LoL

P.S.--You may want to avoid Googling anything at all, on the off chance that something like that could pop up.

I saw that thread and I'm sure I wasn't alone in doing the mental countdown before it was removed.    So...  does that mean I reported it?   Well, I didn't.   And my comment doesn't cast a shadow on my veracity.   This is another problem I see happening all the time.   If anyone comments about the possible inappropriateness of a thread, suddenly we're the ones accused of reporting it.   Then come the threads about how horrible posters are if they use the report feature.   Yikes.  These are things that discourage posters and push us away, in my opinion.    You talk about "fun"....   it's not "fun" to walk on eggshells wondering how our posts will be picked apart.   That, in itself, is enough to make things "bland."

Yeah, you're right, it isn't fun, @dooBdoo.  But it happens here everyday.

My thread was in the spirit of amusing others as I had been amused.  There are plenty of nasty posts here where people gossip about other people like they are in junior high again.  My sense of humor may be immature, but at least I'm not starting threads with ill intent.  I figured it would be nice to laugh for a change.  Sorry that's not how you see it.

Mistri, my friend, I didn't say anything about ill intent, etc.   I merely had a gut reaction that others had...  that the subject matter likely wouldn't be long for this world on the Q forums.   That's all.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@SydneyH,  On a forum representing a corporation, they're not here to "save" us.    They're here to think of the business that employs them and how the threads/posts look to those who read here and who might copy and paste the content elsewhere and point to QVC as the source.  

I don't believe that to be the case, but that's fine if that's your position.

Honored Contributor

jeanlake wrote:

I've been posting for many years but took a break in 2015 when people were typing with boxing gloves on. Pleasantly surprised recently to see the environment was better than when I stepped away. Also surprised so many posts would be pulled. Agree with poster who said it's better to shut down an individual aggressor than pull a post that starts out as interesting. Agree with dooBdoo -- I haven't started a post since I returned.      

@jeanlake,  I'm glad you decided to return!    It was touch-and-go for those first weeks...  but I think it's much better now, and I never have trouble finding interesting threads and posts if I take time to peruse all the sub-forums.    I do wish more of us felt comfortable starting threads, and I hope the moderators and powers-that-be will hear what we say about the reasons we don't do so.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I dunno, I'm grown, I don't really need the MODS to 'save' me from what they think is offensive, but whateves..........

I agree!  It's much too sanitized here.  I often feel like a child subject to parental controls . (I've never had a thread or a post poofed, so my objections have nothing to do with that.)

Honored Contributor

@Juniebugz wrote:

You started a thread about a nude person simulating a lewd act on a dead sea creature. Told everyone how to find the still image and "action video" lol.

Link or no that's not gonna fly here and you're naive to think it would. (No I didn't report it btw so please don't go there.)

Oh man, even hinting at that digusting image is sooo not happening here........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:
@SydneyH wrote:

I dunno, I'm grown, I don't really need the MODS to 'save' me from what they thiink is offensive, but whateves..........

@SydneyH,  On a forum representing a corporation, they're not here to "save" us.    They're here to think of the business that employs them and how the threads/posts look to those who read here and who might copy and paste the content elsewhere and point to QVC as the source.  

In all fairness, though, why would paid employees remove threads or posts for the purpose of "saving" or protecting anonymous posters?   From what?   Honestly, I can't see why they'd be worried about posters' perceived sensitivities, especially since there's always a brouhaha when a post or thread is removed.    Seems if benevolence toward our tender sensibilities (joking) is the goal, more posts would be allowed to stay.    Heaven knows they hear about it from us when our valuable gems of wisdom 😉 aren't allowed to remain for all to see.🙃 

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:
@SydneyH wrote:

I dunno, I'm grown, I don't really need the MODS to 'save' me from what they thiink is offensive, but whateves..........

In all fairness, though, why would paid employees remove threads or posts for the purpose of "saving" or protecting anonymous posters?   From what?   Honestly, I can't see why they'd be worried about posters' perceived sensitivities, especially since there's always a brouhaha when a post or thread is removed.    Seems if benevolence toward our tender sensibilities (joking) is the goal, more posts would be allowed to stay.    Heaven knows they hear about it from us when our valuable gems of wisdom 😉 aren't allowed to remain for all to see.🙃 

I'm sorry but I've been here over 15 years, there was never any 'concern' for their image then nor is there one now.  If that was the case, pricing and better options for their merchandise would be much improved......again, I don't expect you to agree but I believe it with every fiber of my being.  Oh, and let's not forget...they've allowed previously banned posters to re-enter the fray, lol.  Good times!

Honored Contributor

Every so often I think about starting a thread and then my survival skills kick in😏

Trusted Contributor

@Juniebugz, I agree!

Valued Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:
@SydneyH wrote:

I'm sorry but I've been here over 15 years, there was never any 'concern' for their image then nor is there one now.  If that was the case, pricing and better options for their merchandise would be much improved......again, I don't expect you to agree but I believe it with every fiber of my being.  Oh, and let's not forget...they've allowed previously banned posters to re-enter the fray, lol.  Good times!

You didn't answer the question... what do you think the Mods are 'saving' us from? Your post doesn't make sense.

Clearly they're protecting their skin and the Q's skin.

ITA tho that the Q's reputation stinks.

Your side topic......... banned posters....... they let 'me all back so you're probably talking about some of your pals as well lol.